X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said it

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    How can you say "fuck (the best player on the planet?)"
    Even while acknowledging that he was the best player on the planet. I'm not saying I'm not happy about it.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Oh heavens to Betsy. You're just protecting your emotions. You'll be crying like a Brazilian school boy in the 11th minute of a world cup loss if Lebron stays in Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
        He does look a douchebag in all of this.
        It will be overlooked and dismissed because he's "going home" and "righting his wrongs" but this only adds to the perception that he's a hired gun.

The Big 3 got criticized big time when they signed in Miami. People were yelling how the greats would never take the easy way out like that and would instead rather build something of their own.

Now, the second it gets tough in Miami, he bolts. He held Riley hostage to build a team that was "good enough" for him to bless with his talents. He didn't say "Ok Pat, what can WE do, together, to keep this going here in Miami." He just left for the next juicy landing spot. Luckily for him, this time, it's his hometown, so the narrative is different.

I don't know if it's right or wrong to look at it this way, it's just my initial reaction to it all. Hell, if I was him, and I could go anywhere, I'd probably make the same choice, but as a fan of the sport, it's just not how I feel in this moment.

Comment

true but in a way its hard to blame him

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          He does look a douchebag in all of this.
          as I've posted before, he is worth way more to whatever team signs him than what he is getting with the max contract. He knows he fucked up the way he left there and he came back to his hometown.
          Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
          May 7, 2010

Comment

I think if youre a Cavs fan

...you have to be thrilled about it. Even if it means trading Wiggins.
            May 7, 2010

Comment

will he go back to 23, wear 6 or a new #?

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
              But initially it will be just because of how he left the last time, and how much I couldn't stand him for the past four years.

People on this board worry about that shit, just thought I's beath them to it.
              May 7, 2010

Comment

69. It's hilarious.

Comment

I'm hearing

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                  People on this board worry about that shit, just thought I's beath them to it.
                  That he's keeping #6
                  The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

hahahahaa!

He could have gone anywhere. He chose Cleveland.
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

that made me laugh out loud

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                      Uh huh. Weird for what, 1 quarter?
                      I hated Pete Rose as a Red too.
                      DB

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                        Could this mean they look to trade Wiggins?
                        Yes. They will land Kevin Love in a deal to Minny. They are about to be very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                          Yes. They will land Kevin Love in a deal to Minny. They are about to be very good.
                          Bosh going to Houston and Cleveland willing to offer Wiggins could spook Golden State into including Klay Thompson in their Love offer.

If Golden State adds Klay to their offer, I think that ends up being where Love goes.

Comment

If he plays the rest of his career with Cleveland, I don't think there will be a perception that he's a hired gun. How could there be? I'm not sure I agree that this makes him look like a Dbag. "The Decision" made him look that way, but his subsequent actions and this decision, to me at least, have ameliorated some of that.

EDITED - The guy who could have looked like a gigantic dbag and should be thanking his lucky stars right now is Gilbert.
                            Last edited by McCarthy12; 07-11-2014, 02:18 PM.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                              If he plays the rest of his career with Cleveland, I don't think there will be a perception that he's a hired gun. How could there be? I'm not sure I agree that this makes him look like a Dbag. "The Decision" made him look that way, but his subsequent actions and this decision, to me at least, have ameliorated some of that.

EDITED - The guy who could have looked like a gigantic dbag and should be thanking his lucky stars right now is Gilbert.
                              Like I said, this is my gut reaction right now. If he stays there the rest of his career, so be it.

I'm just saying, he left HIS inferior Cleveland team for a better situation in Miami and got shit on. He's doing the same thing now and because he's going home it's fine.

Like you said, if he sticks around and is truthful in everything he's saying about raising his kids in Cleveland, then I'm wrong.

Honestly, I'm not even mad at LeBron. I'm mad that Cleveland got 3 #1 picks after he left, including stealing Wiggins this year AND got LeBron back. It's unhealthy to be bitter towards a place like Cleveland, but hey, that's where I'm at right now.

Comment

Emo in Ohio at it again. Just STFU and enjoy it you lucky prick.

Comment

Working...
                                X