2 Years For LeBron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Years For LeBron

he can opt out after 1 season...but he's totally committed to Cleveland for the long term

we'll get this fiasco all over again next summer or the following

Isn't this so he can opt out after the season and sign a max contract, five year deal with Cleveland in July 2015?

He would be leaving money on the table in 2016, 17 and 18 otherwise, no?
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

I have no idea? Maybe?

If he uses it to create a media circus and dominate the news cycle again, then he really is a Brett Favre-level doucher.

Edit: Upon further review, you are correct on it being done this way with an eye on the future, but I still stick by my statement, if he makes it a whole shitshow again, then he's a douche.
      Last edited by Sect 236; 07-12-2014, 06:05 PM.

Comment

TV rights are going to be renegotiated in 2 years. The salary cap and therefore the max contract numbers are supposed to go up quite a bit, a 2 year deal makes sense. The opt out after one does seem odd.

Comment

Opts out after 2 years

When the new TV deal is done, and then can sign a long term deal when the cap goes up to about $80 million. He's a lot of things, but he's not dumb enough to fuck Cleveland twice. He cares too much about his legacy, and it will be completely ruined if he were to do that again.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
          X