Clear All

• I figured IG would have gotten this one. RIP Tommy Ramone

mann tough day for the Punk rockers
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

no more surviving original Ramones

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
    mann tough day for the Punk rockers
    sad day indeed. Seeing them at City Gardens outside Trenton, NJ was one of the most memorable shows ever, for me.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

wow

Not a very original or ground breaking band, but boy could they blow the roof of a venue.
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

yuppers I was there for One of them

def all the speed they did took them out young,,,great bunch of guys that never let a little radio success change them,,end of an Era Im sure..
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Sucks man. Have loved the Ramones since I was a little kid.

Comment

Really!?

I always felt it was the Ramones that made punk a houshold and accepted form of Rock music...granted they were'nt the 1st with the Sound,,but they opened the door for Many..
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

The Clash.

Iggy Pop would have, but he was so far ahead of his time it was scary.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                Iggy Pop would have, but he was so far ahead of his time it was scary.
                I always considered The Ramones at the front of the American punk movement, and the Clash and the Buzzcocks the British fore bearers

Either way, agreed that The Stooges were definitely way ahead of the curve. Just gave Funhouse a spin last night
                Cows in the barnyard, chickens in the farmer's corvette.

Comment

Working...
                X