Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McNabb = Messi?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...f5bc75766.html

Great players, couldn't win the big game, puked.

these guys puke all the time

Originally posted by Bardy View Post

there were some other camera shots during the tournament of different guys spewing their guts. Reminds me of a high school buddy of mine who could projectile vomit whenever he wanted like Linda Blair.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Messi is WAY better than McNabb ever was

Comment

The only thing they have in common is both have perfected the worm burner.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeHeadedMonster View Post
          The only thing they have in common is both have perfected the worm burner.
          Messi's dad does a lot of talking for Lionel. Talkative parents…he's got that in common with Sex Panther.

Comment

Assuming that Germany was a favorite, Messi was already behind the 8 ball before the match even started with people saying that he needed to win the World Cup to protect his legacy.

If Gonzalo Higuaín scores from point blank, we wouldn't be talking about Messi's legacy in a negative light.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
              Messi's dad does a lot of talking for Lionel. Talkative parents…he's got that in common with Sex Panther.

His dad is his agent.

Comment

Originally posted by brun019822 View Post
                His dad is his agent.
                So? Fact still remains, his dad is in the news a lot, as was Donovan's.

I don't hear many stories about other star players agents saying their player's legs are tired or that they have the respect of their fellow national team players.

He can be his agent all he wants, he still acts like Wilma more than an agent.

Comment

You are wrong soccer is totally different sport from what we are used to here in the states. Everything they do is though their agents. I can probably count with both hands how many times I have heard messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, scholes, etc... Speak for themselves, it's done though their agents.

Comment

Better, perhaps. Way better, not really. If McNabb had won a Super Bowl, he'd probably get into the HOF.

I was just being funny, anyway - just thought it was amusing that they both came up short in the big game and puked int he process.

Comment

Better, perhaps. Way better, not really. If McNabb had won a Super Bowl, he'd probably get into the HOF.

I was just being funny, anyway - just thought it was amusing that they both came up short in the big game and puked int he process.
                      nah...WAY better. Messi is and has been one of the top 2-3 players in his sport in the world for a few years now, and is still young, not to mention a much bigger talent pool. Mcnabb probably didn't ever crack that lofty status in the NFL for even a year.

borderline HOFer vs. one of the greatest ever. not a small difference.

Comment

This is a joke.

McChoke had multiple opportunities in the NFCCG and one time in the SB. The World Cup is every 4 yrs

Comment

Originally posted by udontknowme View Post
                          nah...WAY better. Messi is and has been one of the top 2-3 players in his sport in the world for a few years now, and is still young, not to mention a much bigger talent pool. Mcnabb probably didn't ever crack that lofty status in the NFL for even a year.

borderline HOFer vs. one of the greatest ever. not a small difference.
                          Yep. McNabb was one of the best 2-3 QBs in the league for maybe 2 years but he wasn't even close to Messi's status as possibly the best player in the world's most popular sport.

I guess it's another argument when you factor the international popularity of soccer into the equation but I can tell you why McNabb never won that SB that would have put him in the HOF - he wasn't good enough.

Comment

If McNabb=Messi, the Eagles would have won at minimum 1 Super Bowl. McNabb was really good, arguably a Hall of Famer. Messi is an all-time great. There's a decent chance the top 5 soccer players of this era all go without a World Cup victory in their careers.

Comment

Holy crap - the entire thread was a joke - not meant to start an actual McNabb vs. Messi debate.

YES - Messi is a better soccer player than McNabb was football player - YOU ARE RIGHT.

That said, they both lost in the biggest game and puked in the process.

Comment

Working...
                              X