Would it be impolite to point out (c)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be impolite to point out (c)

This defense has not added anyone that can help this year? Their first round draft pick is a project, running with the third string. Their step-slow secondary and LBs didn't get any faster (or smarter) over the offseason. This is the biggest hope and pray approach since RAJ took the Phillies into this year with Marlon Byrd and Dominic Brown. And Marlon actually paid off.

ST better be better with the draftees and the offense better just outscore people.

DB
    DB

Defense is obsolete in the NFL

You can thank the rules committee for that. I think a lot of people are going to follow the Seahag model now. Penalize the p*ss out of people and take your chances. You don't need talent to commit penalties. I'm not talking about hits because THAT they will penalize. I'm talking about your garden variety holding, pass interference, offside, whatever.

Comment

Shut up PSU
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
        This defense has not added anyone that can help this year?

DB
        The NFL is all about draft and develop. Fans are all about bringing in shiny new players. The development comes from the 2nd and 3rd year guys assimilating into an NFL defense while the long term vets get up to speed on the changes

Improvement always comes from within, yet here you are with the barely-healed scars of a failed Dream Team strategy...espousing that the Eagles need to add more outside guys as the only way to improve...tsk tsk

Everybody funny, now you funny too :D

Comment

that's a good point

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
          You can thank the rules committee for that. I think a lot of people are going to follow the Seahag model now. Penalize the p*ss out of people and take your chances. You don't need talent to commit penalties. I'm not talking about hits because THAT they will penalize. I'm talking about your garden variety holding, pass interference, offside, whatever.
          Except that defenses seem to do pretty well in the playoffs.

And with respect to PW's point, you can develop players who have potential, but Wolff and others don't appear to have much of the "po" in them.
          DB

Comment

Except that defenses seem to do pretty well in the playoffs.

And with respect to PW's point, you can develop players who have potential, but Wolff and others don't appear to have much of the "po" in them.
            Wolff is one of the most athletic safeties to come out recently.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

brainpower

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              Wolff is one of the most athletic safeties to come out recently.
              Hope it develops in him well.
              DB

Comment

Ah...

Hope it develops in him well.
                Yeah, it's tough to tell. He made a couple of decent plays, but he was barely in the line-up before he got hurt, so we'll just have to see. I'm still not sold on safety.

I'm a little more optimistic with the CBs. They got Caroll and Jaylen Watkins as competition/depth and Sconces & Fletcher were at least serviceable last year.

I think it's really going to be on the DL to make a jump. Cox needs to be a force this year. Logan should improve in his second year and Thornton was great against the run, but Cox has to command more respect.

Ideally he's a 1-gapping 4-3 DT, but he showed flashes 2-gapping in the 3-4 last year. If he can become a force in this scheme, he'll give the OLBs a lot more opportunities (against TEs and RBs, etc...) and the overall defense should improve.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                X