Sixers Getting Involved in Love/Cavs Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixers Getting Involved in Love/Cavs Deal

Reports saying that the Sixers might be the third team in the Cavs/Wolves deal to help facilitate the trade.

Sixers would move Thad and they're interested in Dion Waiters from Cleveland.

I'll take him...

Comment

Get Wiggins!

Comment

I want Roy Hinson

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          I want Roy Hinson
          Or Daugherty.

Comment

Craig Ehlo

Comment

They can have Waiters yesterday

Cavs did a deal with Utah yesterday to acquire some non guaranteed contracts, possibly as a way to get Love without having to give up Wiggins.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                Cavs did a deal with Utah yesterday to acquire some non guaranteed contracts, possibly as a way to get Love without having to give up Wiggins.
                They didn't really have to do that trade with Utah. Silver is busy dealing with the Sterling stuff right now, but soon enough he'll step in and force Minny to trade Love with only getting Tristan Thompson in return so that LeBron can get what he wants.

Writing is on the wall.

Edit to add: In all seriousness, the rumor now is that the Bulls offer of Taj Gibson, Dougie McBuckets and Nikola Mirotic is the deal Minny likes the most. Cleveland's offer is Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st. Cleveland can reclaim the lead for Love by including another 1st.
                Last edited by Sect 236; 07-23-2014, 03:03 PM.

Comment

I have to admit

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  They didn't really have to do that trade with Utah. Silver is busy dealing with the Sterling stuff right now, but soon enough he'll step in and force Minny to trade Love with only getting Tristan Thompson in return so that LeBron can get what he wants.

Writing is on the wall.

Edit to add: In all seriousness, the rumor now is that the Bulls offer of Taj Gibson, Dougie McBuckets and Nikola Mirotic is the deal Minny likes the most. Cleveland's offer is Wiggins, Bennett and a 1st. Cleveland can reclaim the lead for Love by including another 1st.
                  I don't like this feeling of LeBron already calling all of the shots for the roster. I understand that's the nature of the beast when you have a star of his magnitude, but I still don't like it. You wanna shape the roster, take a job in the front office.

EDIT : throw in another first, then. They have three of them.
                  Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 07-23-2014, 03:13 PM.
                  The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                    I don't like this feeling of LeBron already calling all of the shots for the roster. I understand that's the nature of the beast when you have a star of his magnitude, but I still don't like it. You wanna shape the roster, take a job in the front office.

EDIT : throw in another first, then. They have three of them.
                    I think that's the #1 reason he went back to Cleveland, the fact that he knows he and his people have free reign (no King James pun intended)

He knew that the Cavs, the city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio would be so grateful to have him back, that he can do whatever the hell he wants. In Miami, Riles was the GM. He would accommodate LeBron, but ultimately, Riles was making the calls and Micky Arison is a great owner who wouldn't cut his GM off at the knees. In Cleveland, if LeBron and the GM butt heads, Gilbert is 100% backing LeBron because he doesn't want to lose him again.

In Miami, LeBron is just another famous person. He's very very famous, but there's A LOT of very very famous people in Miami. In Cleveland/Ohio in general, he IS the man. There is no one above LeBron.

I'd put LeBron's reasons for choosing Cleveland in this order:
                    1) Total control of the franchise
                    2) The great PR move of "Coming Home"
                    3) His wife wanting to move back
                    4) Easier path to a title with young superstars than aging vets in Miami
                    5) His "love" of his hometown and state

The media is playing it like #4 was the #1 reason, but I don't buy it.

Also, can we talk about LeBron's "love" of Cleveland and Ohio. He grew up a Cowboys, Bulls and Yankees fan. Guy is about as fraud as they come.
                    Last edited by Sect 236; 07-23-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Or Daugherty.

Gerald Wilkins the "Jordan Stopper"
                      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
                        Craig Ehlo
                        Lebron James
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                          Gerald Wilkins the "Jordan Stopper"
                          Boobie Gibson and Bimbo Coles or no deal.

Comment

I don't doubt that he loves Akron

I think that's the #1 reason he went back to Cleveland, the fact that he knows he and his people have free reign (no King James pun intended)

He knew that the Cavs, the city of Cleveland and the state of Ohio would be so grateful to have him back, that he can do whatever the hell he wants. In Miami, Riles was the GM. He would accommodate LeBron, but ultimately, Riles was making the calls and Micky Arison is a great owner who wouldn't cut his GM off at the knees. In Cleveland, if LeBron and the GM butt heads, Gilbert is 100% backing LeBron because he doesn't want to lose him again.

In Miami, LeBron is just another famous person. He's very very famous, but there's A LOT of very very famous people in Miami. In Cleveland/Ohio in general, he IS the man. There is no one above LeBron.

I'd put LeBron's reasons for choosing Cleveland in this order:
                            1) Total control of the franchise
                            2) The great PR move of "Coming Home"
                            3) His wife wanting to move back
                            4) Easier path to a title with young superstars than aging vets in Miami
                            5) His "love" of his hometown and state

The media is playing it like #4 was the #1 reason, but I don't buy it.

Also, can we talk about LeBron's "love" of Cleveland and Ohio. He grew up a Cowboys, Bulls and Yankees fan. Guy is about as fraud as they come.
                            I think that's obvious by how much time he spends in the area, even when he was in Miami. Most definitely it was a PR move as well. Yeah, he's a known frontrunner, but I just care that he puts on that Cavs uni and balls out.

Comment

Working...
                            X