Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat Your Wife in Public

Get suspended 2 games like Ray Rice.

Smoke a little green and it's the end of the world.

NFL.

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post

NFL.
    Well, by limiting it to only 2 games the distraction will be minimized.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

NFL.
      What prescription med did Lane Johnson take without checking on? That's what they said was the reason for his suspension (not dyanabol or however the F you spell it)

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        What prescription med did Lane Johnson take without checking on? That's what they said was the reason for his suspension (not dyanabol or however the F you spell it)
        No idea, the statement he released didn't say what he "mistakenly" took.

Comment

I swear

My co-worker just said this to me 5 minutes ago. It really is a shame how much the NFL villifies weed users. I'm not even a smoker and I think they go too far.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

The difference is the players collectively bargained the substance and PED policies, so there are policies in place.

I don't know that they did the same with the conduct policy, but there is one, and it's the first time Ray Rice violated it.
            Last edited by BigSlizz; 07-24-2014, 12:09 PM.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Blackmon Article

Check out the article and then the top comment: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ana-possession

Comment:

Thomas McNamara · Top Commenter · Stamford, Connecticut
              I was gonna play football, but then I got high (Ooooooooo oooooooo)
              I was gonna put up 2000 yards, but I got high
              Now i'm getting arrested, and I know why! (Why man? HEY)
              Because I got high, Because I got high, Because I got high!

Comment

No idea, the statement he released didn't say what he "mistakenly" took.
                He can say whatever he wants and the CBA prevents the league from commenting.
                He can claim that 23 golden monkeys flew through his window and force-fed him Star Caps... and the league has to remain mum

Anybody who gets caught is a farking idiot; the rules are in place, the players have it drilled into them by the team, their agents, the league and the NFLPA.
                They even sign a document stipulating that they have read and understood all the policies

And they know when the tests are.

Comment

There's an 800# a player can call to check on any supplement, Rx, erc too

Comment

Its gonna cost him $943k in actual cash and it voids the guarantees in his contract.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...e-pockets.html

Comment

Also, John Harbaugh is a real piece of work:

"There are consequences when you make a mistake like that. I stand behind Ray. He’s a heck of a guy. "

A mistake??? Please throw yourself from a building.

Comment

I think it's pretty clear the reason players still violate the policies are that the vast majority of them beat the tests, easily and often. If you like the odds, why not take the risk if you think a given supplement is going to give you an edge, help you recover from an injury, etc.? Even for someone like Lane who got caught, the punishment may turn out to have been worth it. No idea what he took or why he did, but if he comes back "better than ever" (as he promised in his apology note!) and the PED is part of the reason, shoot, that's not a bad tradeoff.

Not condoning any of this. I'm just not at all surprised some players look at all the facts and conclude, "yep, this PED is totally worth it."

Comment

Some of the drugs on the list are laughable. Hardly performance enhancing imo. Over the counter medication like Bronk-Aide or SUDAFED are on the list.
                          http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaRe...nce%20List.pdf

Comment

Yes, there are lots of common items on there. And if you'd like to justify taking any of them, you can via your doctor with prior permission

Sudafed contains pseudoephedrine (an amphetamine) and a common precursor for cooking meth.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                              There's an 800# a player can call to check on any supplement, Rx, erc too
                              you and PW nailed it, its about as hard to fail as a coloring book.

Sounds like the Oline has a real brainiac on their hands.
                              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                              X