Charles Kelly and his monitoring of social media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Kelly and his monitoring of social media

is something that has been brought up lately on sportstalk radio.

It makes me think of all the Djacc footage on youtube, low hanging fruit.

I even recently changed my username on facenutz because of this. I know the medical career field here in Socal check social media for potential applicants all the time.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

i knew a few people that have been fired for stuff on social media from my place of employment.

Don't have facebook and only have a twitter account to follow some people.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
      is something that has been brought up lately on sportstalk radio.

It makes me think of all the Djacc footage on youtube, low hanging fruit.

I even recently changed my username on facenutz because of this. I know the medical career field here in Socal check social media for potential applicants all the time.
      In a previous position with a former company, my job entailed traveling and conducting training sessions. The training sessions were 3-4 hours/day and then the rest of the time was free time. It was a cake job. There were 9 other trainers in the same role as me.

One of them was dumb enough to not only have our employer listed on Facenutz but to post things at like noon time (after doing their required training, still, early to everyone else in the company who didn't know our schedule/routine) with their toes in the sand and a beer in hand. Needless to say, the people back at corporate weren't too happy and that trainer was pulled in to discuss not posting that kind of stuff anymore and then were ultimately pulled off the road because the big bosses couldn't trust her judgement.

All companies would be stupid to not check an applicant's Facenutz before hiring/interviewing them. If the applicant is putting that stuff out there, they don't care who sees it.
      Last edited by Sect 236; 07-30-2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        i knew a few people that have been fired for stuff on social media from my place of employment.

Don't have facebook and only have a twitter account to follow some people.

Didn't Joe "make it rain" Banner fire an employee for his post on facebook a few years back?
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Didn't Joe "make it rain" Banner fire an employee for his post on facebook a few years back?
          Yup. Guy posted about how pissed he was they let B-Dawk go. Homie (Joe/Jeffy) don't play that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            Yup. Guy posted about how pissed he was they let B-Dawk go. Homie (Joe/Jeffy) don't play that.

Joe was already pissed because somebody parked a rascal in his segway parking spot. The social media rant by the employee was the last straw for that day!!

Stay Strong Joe!! (felt good to type that)

Comment

Yes they definitely check. And not having a facebook page is also a red flag, the HR types were suspicious as to why they couldn't find one for me.
              You're probably better off just setting up something simple and boring and then ignore it

Comment

Maybe this is a good way to get a retirement package

Set up a fagaycebook page with me in camo and my beloved guns. Think it will work??
                Last edited by Riccardo; 07-30-2014, 06:29 PM.
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                  Yes they definitely check. And not having a facebook page is also a red flag, the HR types were suspicious as to why they couldn't find one for me.
                  You're probably better off just setting up something simple and boring and then ignore it

Probably was a red flag but I was offered the job last week. I'm gonna keep it how it is now for a few months, then go back to my real name.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                    Set up a fagaycebook page with me in camo and my beloved guns. Think it will work??

You know you want a fagaycebook account. Kelly "not a banana in my pants" Green is taken.

Comment

I was offered the job last week. .
                      Awesome and congrats

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                        Awesome and congrats

Thanks man, finally get to change careers.

Comment

Working...
                        X