Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Bennett coming to Philly in trade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Bennett coming to Philly in trade...

Supposedly in about 3 weeks...

Sixers get Bennett

Minny gets Thad and Wiggins

Cavs get Love

...I don't mind it. Supposedly Bennett got in much better shape in the off season and really looked good in the summer leagues.

Picks will be moving too. Minnesota will get a couple. We might be able to get one too.

JJ Barea or Kevin Martin and their bloated contracts will probably end up in a Sixers uni as well.

If you trust Hinkie, then you'll like this move. The Jrue Holiday trade was set up between the Sixers and Pels leading up to the draft. Hinkie had three players he wanted in the draft last year. He told New Orleans if any of them were available when they picked, he would trade them Jrue for the rights to that player. One was Victor Oladipo, who went 2. One was Noel, who he got. The third was Bennett.

If they end up with 2 of Hinkie's 3 top players from last draft, that can't be a bad thing.
    Last edited by Sect 236; 08-04-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Great another front court player... Let's just completely disregard the fact that you have to score the ball to win... Get a fuggin wing please.. They legit have no 2 or 3... Whoever starts at the 2 or 3 for philly probably could not play for majority of teams... This year is a wash anyways... Next year needs to be all wings... Front court is set

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        Picks will be moving too. Minnesota will get a couple. We might be able to get one too.

JJ Barea or Kevin Martin and their bloated contracts will probably end up in a Sixers uni as well.

If you trust Hinkie, then you'll like this move. The Jrue Holiday trade was set up between the Sixers and Pels leading up to the draft. Hinkie had three players he wanted in the draft last year. He told New Orleans if any of them were available when they picked, he would trade them Jrue for the rights to that player. One was Victor Oladipo, who went 2. One was Noel, who he got. The third was Bennett.

If they end up with 2 of Hinkie's 3 top players from last draft, that can't be a bad thing.
        I'll be honest I am not a fan of Bennett... Seems like a me guy and a pain in the ass to play with.. Good talent

Comment

I was hoping

that they would be able to get Waiters but if Bennett can actually become something then this isn't a bad move. The only question is whether they would have been able to get more for Thad had they waited until the season started.

I guess Bennett will eventually come off the bench once both Noel and Embiid are healthy? They're definitely building this roster for the long haul…

Comment

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
            I'll be honest I am not a fan of Bennett... Seems like a me guy and a pain in the ass to play with.. Good talent
            Where did you get this impression of him from? I assume you looked at him, saw he was out of shape and just assumed that meant he was lazy and hard to deal with. I haven't heard anything negative from his teammates. He owned up to his poor season and told his new GM and coach that he is going to work hard this offseason to not be a bust which lead to him shedding pounds already. Hell, the only reason he even got so out of shape to start with is because he had surgery before the draft and couldn't work out.

Also, if you think this season is a "wash" then you're flat out wrong. Last season was about blowing it up and getting the franchise cornerstone in the draft. This season is about developing the multitude of young talent they have. Are they going to lose a lot of games? Sure, but they're not "tanking." If you like basketball, this season should be fun in the sense that you will get to see how the Sixers development staff works and if they have found some young, long, athletic players that they can turn into good NBA talent.

As far as not having a wing, I go back to my development comment. They would much rather see what they have/can develop in Wroten, Hollis, KJ and McRae than sign or trade from some random veteran who is not part of the future. Hinkie and Brown have made it clear that they value traits you can't teach (length, athleticism, basketball IQ) over traits they think they can (shooting specifically).

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
              that they would be able to get Waiters but if Bennett can actually become something then this isn't a bad move. The only question is whether they would have been able to get more for Thad had they waited until the season started.

I guess Bennett will eventually come off the bench once both Noel and Embiid are healthy? They're definitely building this roster for the long haul…
              A former #1 overall and another 1st round pick for Thad is fantastic value. Shit, just the 1st would be good value at this point. Compare that to what Orlando got for another good, not great, player in Arron Affalo and Hinkie looks like a genius.

Comment

Where did you get this impression of him from? I assume you looked at him, saw he was out of shape and just assumed that meant he was lazy and hard to deal with. I haven't heard anything negative from his teammates. He owned up to his poor season and told his new GM and coach that he is going to work hard this offseason to not be a bust which lead to him shedding pounds already. Hell, the only reason he even got so out of shape to start with is because he had surgery before the draft and couldn't work out.

Also, if you think this season is a "wash" then you're flat out wrong. Last season was about blowing it up and getting the franchise cornerstone in the draft. This season is about developing the multitude of young talent they have. Are they going to lose a lot of games? Sure, but they're not "tanking." If you like basketball, this season should be fun in the sense that you will get to see how the Sixers development staff works and if they have found some young, long, athletic players that they can turn into good NBA talent.

As far as not having a wing, I go back to my development comment. They would much rather see what they have/can develop in Wroten, Hollis, KJ and McRae than sign or trade from some random veteran who is not part of the future. Hinkie and Brown have made it clear that they value traits you can't teach (length, athleticism, basketball IQ) over traits they think they can (shooting specifically).
                Its not a wash you are right about the developing part but their number one pick can't even play this year. They just simply aren't going to win any games... And none of those wings are even going to be competent.. Maybe McDaniels. I like his game. McRae looked like he could score some in the summer league. And that's just the impression I have got when I watch Bennett. In the summer league he would just take I'll advised, early shots in the offense. Hopefully brown can change that. I wanted waiters instead of Bennett. They don't need another big, they fuckin NEED a win that can score and break someone down

Comment

I really want no part of Waiters. If you wanna talk about pain in the ass to deal with, then we can talk about Waiters. I think he'd be a cancer on this team that Brown would be over with REAL quick.

I like KJ's game. McRae seems like he can draw contact on drives. Maybe that doesn't translate outside of Las Vegas, but I think he can still be effective. If Hollis' 3-pt shot is more consistent, he's a nice 3 and D player.

Don't get me wrong, none of those three are star quality starters, but I think they can all develop into valuable pieces on this team.

Comment

i can't stand gargano. he's a freaking stooge. caller: "hey cuz, there was that one time my cat sat on my eagles shirt and the eagles won the game." cuz: "bro, that's such an awesome story."

he needs to get ebola.

PS: i was replying to kutztowns post..which i am unable to see anymore.
                    Last edited by nerd; 08-05-2014, 10:51 AM.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

If Flip Saunders is a worse GM than Ruben Amaro Jr, then yes, dream of Maple Jordan in Sixers blue. If he's not (he's not) then the dream is dead my friend.

Comment

Great another front court player... Let's just completely disregard the fact that you have to score the ball to win... Get a fuggin wing please.. They legit have no 2 or 3... Whoever starts at the 2 or 3 for philly probably could not play for majority of teams... This year is a wash anyways... Next year needs to be all wings... Front court is set
                        Next draft get SUPER MARIO another kid from Croatia - and bring Saric in - you got your 2 and 3

Comment

Hezonja can shoot, but he seems like too much trouble. They say he doesn't play a team game and has way too many instances were he seems disinterested.

Maybe Brown doesn't care about that, but it's clear they're building a team, built around team ball, like the Spurs. The last thing I want is to add this kid thinking he needs the ball for 23 of the 24 seconds on the shot clock and if he doesn't get it, his instinct to bitch, whine, yell and not try comes out. You hate DeSean, this kid is the Croatian DeSean.

He's only 19, so he can grow out of that, but if he's gotten away with it so far, I doubt he thinks he needs to grow out of it. I think I pass on him. Rather have Oubre.
                          Last edited by Sect 236; 08-05-2014, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Hezonja can shoot, but he seems like too much trouble. They say he doesn't play a team game and has way too many instances were he seems disinterested.

Maybe Brown doesn't care about that, but it's clear they're building a team, built around team ball, like the Spurs. The last thing I want is to add this kid thinking he needs the ball for 23 of the 24 seconds on the shot clock and if he doesn't get it, his instinct to bitch, whine, yell and not try comes out. You hate DeSean, this kid is the Croatian DeSean.
                            He's only 19, so he can grow out of that, but if he's gotten away with it so far, I doubt he thinks he needs to grow out of it. I think I pass on him. Rather have Oubre.
                            Draft is a crap shoot. This kid has mad skills for his age. If he can mature mentally and physically this kid could be the one more key to this young teams development. Saric at the 3 this kid playing the 2 next to MCW and the big guys Noels and Embiid down low with Bennett if they get him mixing in - damn that would be a great nucleus of talent moving forward.

Comment

Waiters

is the pain in the ass me guy, not Bennett.
                              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                              X