Hope Marcus smith pans out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Marcus smith pans out

Bc we traded back and out of taking Denard, who Marvin Smith is calling the best rookie CB he's ever seen.

Thought we got too cute on draft night and hearing that you just hope is coach fluff. But a lot of us wanted denard (who was sitting there) and/or Shazier who no surprise went higher (well, to me anyway)
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 08-07-2014, 11:01 PM.

You mean Marvin Lewis,right?

Comment

Interesting how the the eagles (roseclown) were stressing the importance of bpa with less emphasis on need. The saints traded up, got cooks and sent the eagles into a tailspin. When it was all said and done it's hard to fathom that Smith was the bpa on their board

Comment

Kevin Greene was working with the outside LBs

for three days this past week, and he seemed impressed by the kid's skills.

Take that for what it's worth.

http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia...m-kevin-greene
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
          Bc we traded back and out of taking Denard, who Marvin Smith is calling the best rookie CB he's ever seen.

Thought we got too cute on draft night and hearing that you just hope is coach fluff. But a lot of us wanted denard (who was sitting there) and/or Shazier who no surprise went higher (well, to me anyway)
          marvin lewis hasn't won a playoff game in 10 years. that guy stinks.
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
            Interesting how the the eagles (roseclown) were stressing the importance of bpa with less emphasis on need. The saints traded up, got cooks and sent the eagles into a tailspin. When it was all said and done it's hard to fathom that Smith was the bpa on their board
            Smith was one of the few OLBs that could actually cover. Most of the 3-4 teams in the league don't run a true 2-gap 3-4. People bitching about passing on Dee Ford don't seem to realize that.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

have to give the kid a chance,

considering where he went,,its like a high second round pick..

What will be interesting to watch is how the defense evolves as the present regime makes picks that suit the 3-4 hybrid they are running..If Taylor heart becomes a Probowl player or Matthews develops into a No1,,,thats all we could ask for, you don't know who will be that Dawkins or Bwest Pick.....

I think Smith will become a good player....may take a couple of year because of his switch from Offense to defense late in Collegiate career...Like chip says once you're drafted,,doesnt matter; they all are the same,,,Now they have to earn a spot and the right to play in the NFL....
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

I agree with this post. I would have run to the podium and taken Dennard and thought the Eagles got overly cute.

Comment

Marcus Smith = BUST

LOL @ passing up on Darqueze Dennard

Comment

Originally posted by PSU View Post
                    Marcus Smith = BUST

LOL @ passing up on Darqueze Dennard
                    Odell Beckham has turned out to be a phenomenal pick, huh?

Comment

has beckham done anything? i haven't even heard a word about him. Have heard cooks name though...that dude is going to be good.
                      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Passed on Aaron Donald to take him too. BWAH!!

Comment

Yes. I was on my 4th dogfish 90 last night.

Comment

Oh I hear you. See how it plays out. But watching dennard dominate and play such physical football last year I was completely floored when we (not they) traded out of 22nd with Cleveland and didn't take him. ESP with a D that was statistically one of the worst in NFL history.

Corners can look good if the DL gets to the QB though. The DL never seemed to last season.

Just really wanted dennard when he was sitting there and hate to read shit like that now, ya know? Obviously rooting for Smith to be great. But hate we didn't take dennard when we coulda.

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                              has beckham done anything? i haven't even heard a word about him. Have heard cooks name though...that dude is going to be good.
                              He's been hurt...same injury as he dealt with in college...

Comment

Working...
                              X