Golf Topic: I saw a chart showing that Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Topic: I saw a chart showing that Tiger

is behind Jack's pace for winning the most Major's. Wow, what a difference 6 years makes. Winning a bunch seemed like a lock. Tiger can still get it done if he gets his head screwed on straight.

He's not very far behind, he could still easily catch up if he were able to get back to top form.

Where their records really diverge is in top-5 finishes in majors. Jack was almost always near the very top, Tiger is not nearly as consistent.
    Last edited by muggz; 08-08-2014, 10:18 AM.
    The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

He hasn't won a major since he was 32 years old...

Originally posted by muggz View Post
      He's not very far behind, he could still easily catch up if he were able to get back to top form.

Where their records really diverge is in top-5 finishes in majors. Jack was almost always near the very top, Tiger is not nearly as consistent.
      so 4 more majors doesn't seem very close... to put it another way. He can do it, but it will depend on getting his mind right. For being the most physically fit player out there, he seems to get injured a lot.

Comment

Tiger needs to get back at screwing 9 women at the same time

That should get him back on track to catch the Golden Bear

Comment

If that puts him in the zone.

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
          That should get him back on track to catch the Golden Bear
          Jerruh does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
            is behind Jack's pace for winning the most Major's. Wow, what a difference 6 years makes. Winning a bunch seemed like a lock. Tiger can still get it done if he gets his head screwed on straight.
            He's Feck'd. He can't put together 2 good rounds let alone the 4 you need in a major. He is head fucked from having his misdeeds shown across the world and his body is toast. He juiced up on HGH and roids and his body is running like a 78' Vega. Stick a fork in him.
            Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

The only way I see him having a chance, based on history,

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
              He's Feck'd. He can't put together 2 good rounds let alone the 4 you need in a major. He is head fucked from having his misdeeds shown across the world and his body is toast. He juiced up on HGH and roids and his body is running like a 78' Vega. Stick a fork in him.
              is to get off Thurs. and Friday with two hot rounds of golf. He's never stalked down a player to win a major.

Earl would have kept his head on straight.

Comment

-Earl fucked his head up with the drill sergeant bullshit

-Hanging out with Jordan and Barkley and listening to them tell stories of banging road hookers made Tiger try to be something he is not

-Hitting the gym getting too muscular for golf (Jordan peer pressure) and a quest to be considered an athlete

-Ego: Constantly changing his swing to "improve" when he was winning majors by 10 to 12 strokes

-Doesn't play enough tournaments

-His switch to Nike clubs
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Tiger isn't sniffing 4 majors, bet the house on it. The guy is cooked, couldn't have happened to a bigger A-Hole either. Screw you Eldrick.
                  Last edited by SCREAMIN EAGLE; 08-08-2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

-Hanging out with Jordan and Barkley and listening to them tell stories of banging road hookers made Tiger try to be something he is not

-Hitting the gym getting too muscular for golf (Jordan peer pressure) and a quest to be considered an athlete

-Ego: Constantly changing his swing to "improve" when he was winning majors by 10 to 12 strokes

This pretty much nails it.

Plus after his wife left with a nice piece of chunk with the kids, Tiger has fallen off a cliff

Comment

Agreed

but I think Earl was a good formula for Tiger.

Comment

but I think Earl was a good formula for Tiger.

Earl made him a great golfer but that formula never taught Tiger how the world really works.
                        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I wouldn't write off perhaps the greatest golf talent of all time yet

He's still recovering from injuries. If he can get back to it next year he has a good shot
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Yes...and the torque he puts on his body from his swing. It's how he won and how he dominated the field and had that confidence in himself. The swing broke his body down and he won't get that back at the same high level
                            I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                              Yes...and the torque he puts on his body from his swing. It's how he won and how he dominated the field and had that confidence in himself. The swing broke his body down and he won't get that back at the same high level

But his pride won't let him play a different way. His driver is garbage, but he doesn't need it if his putter is working. He can hit that "stinger shot" all day. But Jack didn't do that, so he won't.

I can play the game with only a 7 iron, pitching wedge, and putter. It looks funny but it works for me. But golf is scored by the number of swings at the ball, not what you are using.

Comment

Working...
                              X