If you think you had a bad day Just ask Tony Stewart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you think you had a bad day Just ask Tony Stewart

Im not a fan of Nasbore but what a horrible thing to have happen to anyone,,,feel bad for all parties involved..
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
    Im not a fan of Nasbore but what a horrible thing to have happen to anyone,,,feel bad for all parties involved..
    I think it is pretty obvious he intended to injure the guy. All of the other drivers avoided the victim easily.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. The person killed was not without fault but this is manslaughter at the very least, IMO.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I haven't seen the tape ... what are you basing your assessment on?
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
        I haven't seen the tape ... what are you basing your assessment on?
        I'm not getting into it too deeply. It's just my gut reaction watching the tape. If I was on a grand jury I would vote to indict for manslaughter.
        --------

Comment

He has a bad rep as a hothead, right?

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            He has a bad rep as a hothead, right?
            I don't know much about him as I don't follow NASCAR. From watching the tape I do believe what happened was intentional or at the very least overly risky. He could have easily had steered clear. But to the contrary, to my eyes it appears he steered into the guy.
            --------

Comment

Me either.

I tried to watch the tape on ESPN.com but it just froze.

Comment

I haven't seen it.......Yet

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                I think it is pretty obvious he intended to injure the guy. All of the other drivers avoided the victim easily.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. The person killed was not without fault but this is manslaughter at the very least, IMO.
                Im sure we will all see it over and over,,,U never know..
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Definite hothead. He's had numerous dustups in NASCAR. I watched the video that's on Deadspin and, from that, it's tough to see exactly what happened. Dirt track cars slide so if he fishtailed into him (that's what I read) it doesn't necessarily mean he was taking aim at him (I'm not sure where on the track they were or if he had just gunned it). I believe the car before Stewart's had to swerve to get out of the way.

I don't know, I don't want to believe that anyone would do that. That said, Stewart has earned his rep and if anyone can control their car, it's him. At the same time, walking out onto the track is super reckless and not something you would expect to see if you were just gunning it to get back in the race. Just a tragic situation. Not going to jump to any conclusions on this one.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                    Im sure we will all see it over and over,,,U never know..
                    It's funny b/c I was talking about road rage with a friend of mine earlier today, and then later witnessed an incident of it later in the afternoon on First Ave in Manhattan.

This looks exactly like road rage on both sides.

I hate road rage.
                    --------

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      Definite hothead. He's had numerous dustups in NASCAR. I watched the video that's on Deadspin and, from that, it's tough to see exactly what happened. Dirt track cars slide so if he fishtailed into him (that's what I read) it doesn't necessarily mean he was taking aim at him (I'm not sure where on the track they were or if he had just gunned it). I believe the car before Stewart's had to swerve to get out of the way.

I don't know, I don't want to believe that anyone would do that. That said, Stewart has earned his rep and if anyone can control their car, it's him. At the same time, walking out onto the track is super reckless and not something you would expect to see if you were just gunning it to get back in the race. Just a tragic situation. Not going to jump to any conclusions on this one.
                      I think he could have easily steered clear. Whether the collision was intentional or not is an other matter but I do believe he intended to have a close encounter with the victim.

Too close.
                      --------

Comment

Yea,, I have issues with it myself

and need to be more mellow behind the wheel. Jersey can turn ya pretty quick.
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Not ruling that out. I just couldn't tell from the video I saw how far he was from the guy when he started driving again. Like I said, it looked like the car before Stewart had to narrowly avoid the guy so it's possible that Stewart was in the same situation. Obviously if he started out 50 yards away from the guy or he saw him walking when he started driving again, that's a different story. I just haven't seen that angle. It's certainly possible he wanted to scare him and the guy moved the wrong way. I hope that's not what happened...
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                            I think he could have easily steered clear. Whether the collision was intentional or not is an other matter but I do believe he intended to have a close encounter with the victim.

Too close.

So, I can assume you have dirt track or at least track racing experience? I just think that you and a lot of other people are really jumping to conclusions.

First off, I have yet to see a really GOOD tape of the incident, also keep something in mind, what you may or may not see on a tape that was taken presumable from an elevated vantage point, either the top of a hauler or up in the stands will be SUBSTANTIALLY different from what the drivers viewpoint will be from a head on perspective at ground level than from a side view.

The driver was wearing a dark colored suit, yes you can see reflective tape from the side view, you would not see it from a front view.

Also take note of the car that was in front of Stewart, yes, he swerved to miss the kid, how do you know that when he cut down in front of Stewart he didn't obscure Stewart view?

Way to many possibilities out there without an in car shot, (and you may get that, as TS USUALLY runs a GO Pro camera setup on his car in these type of races, but even that just proves that he MIGHT have seen him, still doesn't mean he did.

Not a TS homer, just pointing out what I know a track like that looks like from the drivers seat, in a darkened corner with a dirty visor.

I'll leave you with the last words that are usually spoken at the drivers meeting before the race, and they are, UNLESS you car is on fire, you stay put until safety truck arrives.

Just telling it like it is, take from it what you want.
                            Last edited by Eagle Road; 08-10-2014, 08:44 PM.

Comment

YOU Have no clue what it's like to drive one of those cars so I would think you should just wait til all the findings come out. (I did drive in a similar class for 8 years.) first off, the helmets worn have a very narrow opening in which to see, along with thin strips of plastic layered on the shield. They are cAlled tear- offs. The driver in a feature race, which this was, may have 4 to 6 of these on. The driver tears them off once they get full of clay. Also, if you notice the car before him had to swerve at the last minute to avoid the victim, who was wearing a black suit and helmet. The other thing you cannot imagine, is the adrenaline rush you are going through driving these types of cars, it is not your normal reactions that you would have driving down the highway, or on a video game.

Comment

Working...
                              X