Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confidential to Ilish Geolge................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to Ilish Geolge................

OK, enough with the sitting around and moping. It's time for the next work..............

He was the prototypical power forward in the 1950s. He was named rookie of the year in 1949, to the All-NBA team six times, once led the league in rebounding, three times — in free throw percentage. He was also a champion: he took the Syracuse Nationals (the precursor of the Philadelphia 76ers) to the title in 1955. When he retired in 1964, he was not only the NBA's all-time leader in games played, but also in scoring (take that, Jordan and Bird!).

Wow. Just wow. Do you want more? Sure you do, who doesn't love reading about Jews excelling in sport! After retiring, he went into coaching, and was named the NBA Coach of Year in 1966. In 1973, he made the Basketball Hall of Fame.

OK, once you figure out who "he" is (and I expect that might take 20 seconds) get out that pencil and pad!

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Well...

he was definitely great, and worthy of a book. He actually played his final year in Philly as player-coach and then coached from the sidelines the Sixers second year, when Wilt was traded back here from Frisco.

But I am mulling a different Jewish sports legend, and was honored to have been approached by his son:

Last edited by Irish George; 08-12-2014, 10:42 PM.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

'goo?
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

that would be a great book

If I could communicate with him he could tell me all about his buddies Hitler, Manson and Bin Laden.
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

I know the guy had his prejudices...

but, honestly, the Great Generation were a bunch of racists.
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
          X