Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the over/under on # of games Maclin plays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the over/under on # of games Maclin plays?

I'm saying 9. He went out again today with a hammy. He says it was "no big deal", but what else is he gonna say?

For what it's worth, I also think he's gone after he plays his 9 games this season.

What's the over/under on the number of plays into the Jags game it is before Maclin is writhing on the ground, only to come back in 2 plays later.

He gets the job done most of the time, but he's far form a joy to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
      I'm saying 9. He went out again today with a hammy. He says it was "no big deal", but what else is he gonna say?

For what it's worth, I also think he's gone after he plays his 9 games this season.

After I read your quote GM, I had to scroll up a bit and check the date, I was hoping that this post was from before the first game, not after.

I guess he's not called Mr. Softy for nothing!

I'm going out on a limb here and saying 14 games, not because I am all about Maclin, but because with the way his contract is, if he doesn't show something this year, he's done in this league, along with any of his hopes of a large number ever coming his way.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
        After I read your quote GM, I had to scroll up a bit and check the date, I was hoping that this post was from before the first game, not after.

I guess he's not called Mr. Softy for nothing!

I'm going out on a limb here and saying 14 games, not because I am all about Maclin, but because with the way his contract is, if he doesn't show something this year, he's done in this league, along with any of his hopes of a large number ever coming his way.
        You make a valid point RE: his contract. I really hope youre right. I think he'll be a big part of the success (or lack thereof) of this team in 2014.

Comment

I'll say 15 since that's what he averaged per year prior to the ACL.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            I'll say 15 since that's what he averaged per year prior to the ACL.

True, but I have to ask, is Maclin's role "somewhat" reduced in this O compared to being a true no.2 in AR offense. I should probably rephrase "role" to "workload".

With as much as CK runs the ball and utilizes TE's and the slot, I have to wonder just how many looks he gets per game? Yes, I do realized he is now probably looked on as a no.1 with Djax gone.

Your thoughts?
            Last edited by Eagle Road; 08-13-2014, 03:40 PM.

Comment

If you don't count the games he's missed, he's played every game. People should get off his back.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                If you don't count the games he's missed, he's played every game. People should get off his back.
                The guy is softer than a roll of Charmin.

Comment

Good stat from Roob: only 9 WR's started more games than Maclin from 2009-2012. He has to come out for a play or two pretty often, and I get the idea that he is a little soft because of that, but he doesn't miss many games.
                  Last edited by common wealth; 08-13-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                    The guy is softer than a roll of Charmin.
                    DJax wasn't exactly Anquan Boldin and he put 1,300 yards in this offense. Maclin has also proven he can beat press coverage consistently.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by common wealth View Post
                      Good stat from Roob: only 9 WR's started more games than Maclin from 2009-2012. He has to come out for a play or two pretty often, and I get the idea that he is a little soft because of that, but he doesn't miss many games.
                      It's ridiculous. The guy tears his ACL and everyone starts shitting on him and now, apparently, he misses 6 games a season.

If you seriously think someone is soft because they tore a ligament, you're not very bright.

Comment

According to McLane, Maclin is out tomorrow night...lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                          What's the over/under on the number of plays into the Jags game it is before Maclin is writhing on the ground, only to come back in 2 plays later.

He gets the job done most of the time, but he's far form a joy to watch.
                          ...this...

Comment

Yup. Dude looks like he got shot every time he tweaks something.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                            X