Online dating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online dating

For those Igglephans who participate in such a thing, what has been your experience?

After my marriage broke up it was tough. Eventually, I met my last GF via an online dating site. We dated for three years until that ended. It was a pretty good relationship for the most part and it did encourage me to enhance my life in a number of ways.

Now I'm single, over the marriage but a bit sad about the breakup of the last relationship, and it seems like I'm dealing with some decent women who are afraid of flakes and women who are flakes. I do have some decent prospects though. I don't want to get overzealous and end up with a flake.

Any thoughts and/or advice?
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I enjoy it

..my story mirrors yours, including ending a 3yr relationship this past spring.

Did plenty of online stuff before my last GF, met a lot of cool people over the years.

My advice ,keep it light, don't create to many expectations and you will find the flakes, fakes, and head cases, will eliminate themselves fairly quickly.

Just go into with the approach "hey I just want to hang and hear your story", the rest sorts itself out and enjoy the human show.

I do think its one of the better ways to reach a lot of people in a short time but does require work on the correspondence end of things.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Tinder and Plenty of Fish

Nm

Comment

Plenty of Fish haha!! I heard about that site.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Show em the Ultimate Hot / Crazy Matrix and ask them to tell you which zone they think they are in and the same for you

That'll give you a good head start on the winnowing process

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWmFWRVLlU
          Last edited by PackWest; 08-13-2014, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Bahahaha Plenty of Fish.

I'm surprised IG hasn't told us about Tinder.

Comment

Did it for a while after I broke up with a long term gf. Had some fun, met some real kooks and more then a few woman that showed either old pics or headshots only. When I met them it wasn't what I was expecting. Any profile with a good pic of a hot chic is getting bombarded with messages so you're gonna get lost in the shuffle. It was entertaining, and I have some funny stories, but I am not sure if I would be using it today. I know that I stopped using it after about a year of being single. Facebook ended up being better, as I was able to converse with people more and figure out if they were for real or not. Met my wife through it.
              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

never heard of Tinder

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                Bahahaha Plenty of Fish.

I'm surprised IG hasn't told us about Tinder.
                However, POF is awesome. Its like a mashup of every walk of life. Fun place to browse if youre single and its free.
                Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                May 7, 2010

Comment

agreed...Facenutz is the way to go

Now that my cover has been blown on the bored I cant tell most of my stories...and I have some doozies.
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

We will have plenty to talk about...

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    For those Igglephans who participate in such a thing, what has been your experience?

After my marriage broke up it was tough. Eventually, I met my last GF via an online dating site. We dated for three years until that ended. It was a pretty good relationship for the most part and it did encourage me to enhance my life in a number of ways.

Now I'm single, over the marriage but a bit sad about the breakup of the last relationship, and it seems like I'm dealing with some decent women who are afraid of flakes and women who are flakes. I do have some decent prospects though. I don't want to get overzealous and end up with a flake.

Any thoughts and/or advice?
                    when I see you, or drop me a bored PM.
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

I tried it maybe 10 years ago and didn't love it, but it wasn't a horrible experience or anything. I'd say easily half, and probably more, of the people I know met their significant other online, so it clearly works for a lot of people. I'll say to you what I always say to friends who are thinking about online dating but worry it's lame: imagine meeting a great person you really connect with and want to date, and they feel the same way. Does it matter whether you met them in a bar, or a friend introduced, or whatever, vs. some web site? Or course not. If you're looking to meet people, it's one way to do that. And it's not like it prevents you from meeting people offline, either.

Comment

Plenty of Fish is great...

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                        Nm
                        If you like fat chicks

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                          If you like fat chicks

Sooo, like Tuna, or more like Blow fish?:D

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                            when I see you, or drop me a bored PM.
                            Last night, I think I managed to line up a date with a hot chica from Uruguay this weekend. Need to confirm. Talked to her on the phone and her English is about as good as my Spanish. I went with the "we can help each other learn" angle.

At least if her pictures are accurate, she's pretty hot. She's got a lot of them online so that's a good sign.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

that's a great approach!!!

because its true! Imagine if you hit it of, the fun and mutual benefit you will both have from helping to learn each other's main language. It can be romantic too and sexy. Talk about the "universal language" with her.

Also...if she looks hot in multiple pics, she IS HOT. Hot girls online tend to look even better in person. Doggy girls online post their best possible old pics (as somebody else mentioned).

CONFIRM THAT DATE IMMEDIATELY, take her somewhere impressive and try to speak Spanish to her as much as possible.
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X