Fall Igglephans road race?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Igglephans road race?

Now that I survived another Senile City I need to build on it and point to something in the fall.

It would be good to find, say a five-miler or a 10K...something more challenging than a 5k but short enough for the geezer to try to run the whole thing pretty hard.

Was great seeing Roth (briefly) and Riccardo and having bragging rights over Athens for his no-show. I'm thinking we need a Philly area race of some kind during a bye week or a week when the birds aren't playing on Sunday.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I'm up for it

Trying to maintain a good mix of running and cycling. Did a 7 mile trail run last saturday but twisted the shit out of my ankle - seems ok now tho. 10K is perfect for me, but I know Athens is gonna push for a half marathon (no thanks!)
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

he should run a half 'thon

...and this 10K or 5-miler could be a great tuneup for him. Personally, I think both you guys should run a marathon. Memories for a lifetime. Too late for this year's NY but you could run Boston in the spring.

anyway...what I am talking about here is something short enough that we could all hang out afterward
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
        Now that I survived another Senile City I need to build on it and point to something in the fall.

It would be good to find, say a five-miler or a 10K...something more challenging than a 5k but short enough for the geezer to try to run the whole thing pretty hard.

Was great seeing Roth (briefly) and Riccardo and having bragging rights over Athens for his no-show. I'm thinking we need a Philly area race of some kind during a bye week or a week when the birds aren't playing on Sunday.
        Have you ever done the Tim Kerr 5K in Avalon?

http://timkerrcharities.org/2012/7milerun

Comment

a few times

yep, that's a good one. Not sure if its too far-flung geographically for many here, though. Obviously ti would work for me!
          May 7, 2010

Comment

I have an idea

How about you fucks all log on to Plenty of Fish and invite a passel a' rachets to chase you around the park for a free lunch.

Whoever's pursuer collapses first wins.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

bwahahahaha!!!

Have it start on the OC side of 9th st. bridge and end in Smittys parking lot for clams and other sex-inducing seafood.
              May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post

Likewise IG. I'm actually doing the Rock-N-Roll half marathon on Sept 21st. From what I'm told it's a great race, but the entry fee was a little steep ($95 I believe, might be more now). I'll be at the Eagles game afterwards, hopefully I'll have time to swing by the gayte.

Comment

Working...
                X