No announcement yet.

I'm sure he NFL uses text analytics software to track social media from fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure he NFL uses text analytics software to track social media from fans

Every company in these industries does that now. With that being said, you'd have to think the league will do a 180 on these ridiculous penalties once the games count based on everything you read and hear about from the booth.

If not, Goodell is more out of touch than I thought.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 08-16-2014, 07:23 AM.

I thought maybe it was just the crew in that Eagles game, but when I saw that ridiculous flag for PI against the Chargers, I realized this is a league-wide directive to the officials.

The Pats scored 42 ... but the Eagles should have also scored that much.

To your point ... in case they don't track it, people should send an email to the team they follow ... I will.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I remember bringing this up a week ago or so. The first one on marsh was a sinful call. You can see the ref watching and seeing Brady in trouble. Flag time. Back breaking third down flags. Get used to it. As if Brady, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers needed the help.

Comment

Nobody can cover in the league if they are going to call nickel and dime contact.

It's bad enough they have that stupid ass 5-yard rule, but calling incidental touching down the field is the end of defense.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Chip sez

Originally posted by slag View Post
          Nobody can cover in the league if they are going to call nickel and dime contact.

It's bad enough they have that stupid ass 5-yard rule, but calling incidental touching down the field is the end of defense.
          that the most disciplined team will win under these new points of emphasis. Well, in theory they will. But these phantom calls, non-calls and lack of consistency by the officials, you have to wonder. I can't understand it.

And what about the officials' absolute confusion during both preseason games? That is almost as troubling to me as the volume of flags.

Comment

They definitely use text analytics. Billion dollar businesses of every type uses software of some sort to do a ton of stuff relevant to their product, bottom line, citizens, etc.

The fans, TV deals, and advertisers are a pro leagues lifeblood. They track EVERYTHING with data management and business intelligence solutions. They definitely collect and analyze data from twitter, message boards, THE Facebook, etc as well.

It's up to them whether or not to address it and pay attention to the results

Comment

I never thought anything would be as bad as a soccer flop and the stretcher routine but what I've seen thus far through 2 weeks of preseason NFL action has me rethinking things.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 08-16-2014, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X