My impression is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My impression is

That there are an awful lot of mediocre players on the defensive side of the ball for the Eagles.

Could be Bill Davis is the problem. Or it could be both.

My impression is our D Line

Needs to find 2 guys who can collapse the pocket...Until that happens no one is going to look that great...Fletch needs to become a Dom Lineman...the back end is the weakness..the Lbers are decent.
    Last edited by TRENT; 08-18-2014, 02:15 PM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

The offense and Chip changing the culture kinda painted over the rust, but before last year, we were all pretty confident in saying that our D was one of the least talented Ds, maybe ever.

Reid and Banner did such a great job of drafting nothing but busts and signing nobody but jagoffs, filling out the D with chumps. I mean, the Fat Fuck was picking the groceries and pretty much every grocery he picked was rotten. They fell into a couple decent picks (Kendricks and Boykin) but they failed WAY more than they hit.

I think the late great Jim Johnson could be running this D and they would still blow. Scheme helps, but at the end of the day, you need the horses, and they don't have them right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
        Needs to find 2 guys who can collapse the pocket...Until that happens no one is going to look that great...Fletch needs to become a Dom Lineman...the back end is the weakness..the Lbers are decent.

Educate me Trent, what is the reason that they seem so dead set on this defensive alignment, don't get me wrong, I can see the benefit, IF and WHEN you have ALL of the personal needed to run it, I just don't think they are at that point, and this last draft really didn't help that issue much.
        Last edited by Eagle Road; 08-18-2014, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
          Educate me Trent, what is the reason that they seem so dead set on this defensive alignment, don't get me wrong, I can see the benefit, IF and WHEN you have ALL of the personal needed to run it, I just don't think they are at that point, and this last draft really didn't help that issue much.
          So you should never change defenses? Because the scenario you just outlined is impossible.
          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
            So you should never change defenses? Because the scenario you just outlined is impossible.

I guess what I am getting at (maybe you took my question to Trent the wrong way? I wasn't trying to be a smart ass) is there are lots of teams out there that run numerous defenses throughout the year depending on their opponent.

For example, I think the Pats in one of there SB years ran at times a 3/4 a 4/3 and also that "ameba" thing that didn't fit any popular scheme.

All I am saying is, IF the personal that are here now, (ie Vinny Curry for one) would it kill them to switch back and forth?

Comment

All I ever hear about Curry, Graham and Cox is that they are good football players but not in the 3-4 scheme. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                All I ever hear about Curry, Graham and Cox is that they are good football players but not in the 3-4 scheme. WTF?

Exactly my point RSE, everyone wants to talk about Chip conforming his game TO HIS PLAYERS, it just doesn't seem that way on defense.

JMHO

Comment

Bill Davis's track record is pretty brutal as a DC.

statically speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                    Exactly my point RSE, everyone wants to talk about Chip conforming his game TO HIS PLAYERS, it just doesn't seem that way on defense.

JMHO

How good were these players in a 4-3 defense?
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                      How good were these players in a 4-3 defense?

When was the last time we had a good coach and game plan on defense with a 4/3? A lot of players have changed since then.

Comment

There IS NO defense in ChipBall. They score 40. We score 50. It's the Oregon way. Get used to it.

Comment

The three of them were drafted by the FF when he was running a 4-3. Cox was hurt a lot. Curry never saw the field under FF. Graham has always been a bum.

Comment

Well then, ChipBall is perfect for the new contact rule enforcement ... as nobody can play defense with that shit.

Thus, he's a fucking genius who's ahead of his time and you can now put your head in the oven because you're schtick is clearly untenable.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Right Now,,its tough to change 20 years of a 4-3

and this is 3-4 Hybrid,,,this is a 3 to 5 year rebuild,,we just beat a couple teams we could have easily lost to last year...Expectations are thru the roof...Look for major changes in chips 3 rd year of drafts..its a slow process..

I kinda like the scheme...when you look a Vince Wilfork,,then you realize what were missing..
                              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                              X