If they had thrown a flag on that play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they had thrown a flag on that play

I would have printed a picture of Goodell off the net and gone to Taco Bell.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

The flags are here to stay. Mo points mo highlights mo money. Embrace it

Comment

Flag Fiesta

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      The flags are here to stay. Mo points mo highlights mo money. Embrace it
      Has the potential to slow Chip's offense to a crawl. Gotta think of the way this flag bullshit can effect the entire game. Fuck.

Comment

Fuck that shit.

Money does not follow from generating more points by slowing down games with flags.

Comment

Maybe Goodell

Originally posted by slag View Post
          Fuck that shit.

Money does not follow from generating more points by slowing down games with flags.
          Thinks defenders will give up touching receivers, thus eventually reducing the number of game-slowing flags.

Comment

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...will-continue/

I bet you don't stop watching football

Comment

Bullshit ... I won't be the only one who will not stand for a game that includes flags like the preseason.

And you know it.

Comment

PS - I invite you to read the responses to that article.

Comment

I agree with what you are saying but the ratings aren't getting lower. You can hate the officials or how they are directed to call the games but the truth is, you and I will be there with bells on week 1. We will be buying expando vision, jerseys etc.

Comment

Ratings for what?

Comment

Television.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Fuck that shit.

Money flows from having the STAR QBs still standing and doing well
                        They will continue to pimp Brady/Manning et al and do everything in their power to keep them upright as long as possible

This is just another "save the QB" rule. If the DBs can't slow down or redirect the WRs, that means they are open sooner and the ball comes out quicker. What is the number one reason for sacks ? Holding the ball too long... and the reason they hold it is to allow their WRs to get free from the muggings

Quick throws mean fewer sacks and lower injury risk to the most important position on the field - per the advertisers/networks

The number of NFL-capable QBs is finite, so the only way to increase their on-field time is to make sure they don't get hurt and the league has done everything short of a skirt to protect them with the no hit rules

Now, they are using new defensive rules and the officials to further their cause. There will never be another Legion of Boom 43-8 Super Bowl.

Very bad for business (especially the coveted international business) when your uber-pimped stars look like bums on global TV.

Comment

For what on television?

Comment

I hate you. In all honesty I hate the rule. I think everyone hates the rule. Holding and pi should basically call themselves. I don't understand how the league gets better with more flags and less competition down field.

Comment

Preaching to the choir there ... I've been calling for the elimination of the 5-yard rule since forever.

Holding ... call it.

Otherwise, non-hold contact should (like the old days) be fine until the ball is in the air.

Comment

Working...
                              X