Random Phillies Note

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Phillies Note

Went to the game last night with a friend who works in the front office of one of the minor league teams so we had that team's owner's seats right behind the Phils dugout. Wil Nieves spent the entire game at the top of the steps creepin, lookin at every and any girl.

Ball players are always looking for a side piece/slump buster but Nieves was a bit excessive. I guess when the season has been this bad, there's not much more to do.

Oh and there's this:

http://www.zoowithroy.com/2014/04/wi...inder.html?m=1

I watched last night, though obviously rooting for the other team. AJ Burnett pisses me off, just as a fan of baseball in general. He manages, 3-4 times per year, to look like a Top 5 pitcher in the game.

His pitches are electric when he's on, and it's not as if he doesn't have a track record of occasional dominance. You don't get a no-hitter, close on a few others, 2,300 career strikeouts, etc. without being talented, but he has a career .500 record and an ERA around 4.00

Was discussing with some other Nats fans, the consensus is that Burnett just doesn't care about baseball very much. If he had applied himself and really tried, I think his stuff would have been good enough to at least open a conversation about Hall of Fame credentials. We'll never know.

Comment

I thought the same thing when I looked at the scoreboard and saw his ERA and 14 loss record. I've still been watching the Phils all year, but haven't really been paying too much attention to stats. You watch the way he threw it last night and an era like that just doesn't seem to match up.

Comment

Working...
      X