No announcement yet.

OT: NFL Season Opener: Pack vs Seahawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one was kind of exactly how I expected it to go, because I didn't bet it.

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
      Well it certainly doesn't help losing Raji...but a little perspective from behind the green & gold curtain might be in order
      Raji's main role in 2014 is as NT in the base 3-4 and GB played base about 25 % of the downs last year...So while it will surely hurt, it isn't a death knell imo

Beating the uber-talented World Champs in their thunderdrome won't be an easy task, but my irrational exuberance allows me to still like our chances
      Should be an exciting game to start the season.

I'll take the Packers in an upset special :D
      Watching I think it's more the Packers are not as good as advertised, not taking away from Seattle but they do not look as good as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        Green Bay. Rodgers and their new hurry up offense will neutralize the shit out of Seattle's defense.
        They abandoned that very quickly. Rodgers looked like Kevin Kolb out there playing captain checkdown. It was a sad display.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
          not taking away from Seattle but they do not look as good as last year.
          In what way? That D made the best QB on the planet look mediocre. They were still flying to the ball and hitting HARD. Got great pressure without even really blitzing. Sherman shuts off one half off the field.

Oh, and their offense looks better than ever. Anyone that still says Russell Wilson is a game manager who only wins because of his great D is just kidding themselves. Russ is nasty. Beast Mode is nasty. Harvin is nasty. Their supporting cast is pretty damn good.

They're better than last year IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            In what way? That D made the best QB on the planet look mediocre. They were still flying to the ball and hitting HARD. Got great pressure without even really blitzing. Sherman shuts off one half off the field.

Oh, and their offense looks better than ever. Anyone that still says Russell Wilson is a game manager who only wins because of his great D is just kidding themselves. Russ is nasty. Beast Mode is nasty. Harvin is nasty. Their supporting cast is pretty damn good.

They're better than last year IMO.
            The thing that I love most about their D is that they rarely miss tackles. It's the complete opposite of OUR defense.

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
              Well it certainly doesn't help losing Raji...but a little perspective from behind the green & gold curtain might be in order
              Raji's main role in 2014 is as NT in the base 3-4 and GB played base about 25 % of the downs last year...So while it will surely hurt, it isn't a death knell imo

Beating the uber-talented World Champs in their thunderdrome won't be an easy task, but my irrational exuberance allows me to still like our chances
              Should be an exciting game to start the season.

I'll take the Packers in an upset special :D
              Your OL couldn't block your stretch/zone runs at all and McCarthy just kept right on calling them. It was bizarre. Pass protection was pretty bad throughout, so Rodgers was constantly having to bootleg/rollout and dump it immediately.

Lacy's a better downhill runner. Seattle's LBs are great at chasing down ballcarriers. It just didn't make much sense to me.

The up-tempo never really materialized since GB was never actually able to get in to any kind of offensive rhythm.

I still think Seattle's LBs are suspect in coverage and will be exposed throughout the year.
              Last edited by Melchior; 09-05-2014, 10:11 AM.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Hahah... el wrongo

turrible call
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                  The thing that I love most about their D is that they rarely miss tackles. It's the complete opposite of OUR defense.

I love how their safeties try to take every ball carrier's head off. I miss #20. Fuck Banner.
                  500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                    turrible call

DQ picking a winner is like him trying to tell somebody why he likes women.
                    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Pack couldn't run the ball, those guys are just too fast for the cheese-eaters
                      Packers got beat bad, fans are calling for firings, brewers choked, Badgers faded

Suicide watch is at Defcon 5 in WI.

PS- that's why I hang out here, can't stand the whiny-ass bitches that follow my team.
                      Its somehow easier to deal with the whiny-ass bitches that follow your team. :D

Comment

Obviously, they don't run a good no-huddle concept. I was expecting more.

Comment

I've got your momma huddling up with the 12th man.

..but she's in the hurry-up, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                            I've got your momma huddling up with the 12th man.

..but she's in the hurry-up, too.

My favorite position is the "wow". That's when I flip your mom over.

Comment

Working...
                            X