X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shurmur doesn't exactly make me feel confident

about the receiver situation

http://espn.go.com/blog/philadelphia...vers-in-opener
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
    They are going to have to spread the ball around to different players a lot. Which I feel Kelly will be good at doing.

But I'd feel a lot better if DeSean Jackson was still on the team, especially with the change in the way they are calling illegal contact. That change in officiating was made for players like him.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Exactly

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
      They are going to have to spread the ball around to different players a lot. Which I feel Kelly will be good at doing.

But I'd feel a lot better if DeSean Jackson was still on the team, especially with the change in the way they are calling illegal contact. That change in officiating was made for players like him.
      What better thing to do for a receiver who has a hard time with physical corners, than to make it so those corners can barely touch him. I'd feel a lot better if Desean was still here as well.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

He's not, so.....

Time to move on,,,wish he played the second half of the Aints game,,,but he didn't.

The guy is sick fast,,,watching him blow by corners with a 10 yard cusion still makes me say Wow! .......Chip is a run 1st coach,,,Jason Peters is the most Important player on the field IMHO.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

I'll listen to that theory

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
          Time to move on,,,wish he played the second half of the Aints game,,,but he didn't.

The guy is sick fast,,,watching him blow by corners with a 10 yard cusion still makes me say Wow! .......Chip is a run 1st coach,,,Jason Peters is the most Important player on the field IMHO.
          But of course, you can never have enough weapons, and until Maclin, Matthews, and Huff prove they can get it done, I'll still long for the days of #10 a little bit. I included Maclin in there because he hasn't been in a situation where he's the go-to guy on this team, receiver wise. I hope he blows the doors off, and makes me forget all about Desean.

EDIt : I didn't include Cooper, because I think he's going to be fine in his role.
          Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 09-04-2014, 11:55 AM.

Comment

What better thing to do for a receiver who has a hard time with physical corners, than to make it so those corners can barely touch him. I'd feel a lot better if Desean was still here as well.
            Eh, the jam is still legal and that was his real issue with physical play. Once he was off the line he could just run right by.

Comment

Three receivers in the NFL had 80 catches, 16 yards a catch, and 9 TD receptions last season. One was Calvin Johnson, one was Josh Gordon, and one was Mejax. I'll take that kind of problem with the jam every week,

If we'd brought Mejax in instead of the other way around, we'd be singing hosannas, all of us, even the Cooper poopers.

Comment

you can't replace that

all we can hope for is Mac stays healthy, and he can pop the top off,, as long as we have that,,with Sproles, and Ertz coming into his own,,I think we cover the receptions.. DJ scored a ton of TD's for us,,he will be missed.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                  Three receivers in the NFL had 80 catches, 16 yards a catch, and 9 TD receptions last season. One was Calvin Johnson, one was Josh Gordon, and one was Mejax. I'll take that kind of problem with the jam every week,

If we'd brought Mejax in instead of the other way around, we'd be singing hosannas, all of us, even the Cooper poopers.
                  I was a DJax fan and wish they kept him, just pointing out this rule doesn't impact him that much.

Comment

Hey EI EI EIO!

Dude you doing opening day this year?
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

No sir

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                      Dude you doing opening day this year?
                      But I'm all in for the Rams game.

Comment

Rams? Duhhhhh ok

But I'm all in for the Rams game.
                        Ok well Ill be there...Duhhhh I have the tickets and never even opened them up till Now... ...
                        Last edited by TRENT; 09-04-2014, 04:11 PM.
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                        X