How does Skip Bayless have a job in Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Skip Bayless have a job in Sports

He was on ESPN's Mike and Mike today saying The Cowgirls will win the east and was dead serious, who told this guy he knows anything about sports. Oh and Steven A Smith put him in his place.

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
    He was on ESPN's Mike and Mike today saying The Cowgirls will win the east and was dead serious
    No he wasn't. He said that to get people to talk about his idiotic prediction thus talking about ESPN, Mike and Mike and First Take.

He played you like a fiddle.

The reason he has a job is, he's one of the best at what he does, stir shit. He's not paid or put on air to make smart sports comments, just to drum up interest.
    Last edited by Sect 236; 09-05-2014, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Oh really he picked the Cowgirls?

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
      He was on ESPN's Mike and Mike today saying The Cowgirls will win the east and was dead serious, who told this guy he knows anything about sports. Oh and Steven A Smith put him in his place.
      what a racist

Comment

its a joke

he already knows they suck,,,he's just sayin this because he wants to turn the soup....Smiff will eat his ass up all year on it..

and you're Right they should be fired,,not because he's a mindless Crackheads fan,,but because he sucks at what he's paid to do!
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

He said the 2 teams he was most confident in winning their division were the Cowgirls and the Chargers. Not the Pats, or the Colts, or the defending Super Bowl champs. The COWGIRLS and the Chargers. You can't take him seriously cause he just says that shit to have people talking/watching.

It will be an accomplishment for Dallas to win 7 games this year. They are bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            No he wasn't. He said that to get people to talk about his idiotic prediction thus talking about ESPN, Mike and Mike and First Take.

He played you like a fiddle.

The reason he has a job is, he's one of the best at what he does, stir shit. He's not paid or put on air to make smart sports comments, just to drum up interest.
            I like this fan's take:

Wily Scott
            7 days ago

As I read through the coverage of Jones today in the various stories about the ESPN article and after reading the ESPN article itself, Jones keeps reminding me of two people: Lee Harvey Oswald and Saddam Hussein.

Jones reminds me of Oswald in the way that he mugs for the media and savors the spotlight without realizing that the reason people are paying attention to him is often because of how horrified they are at something he has done.

Jones reminds me of Saddam Hussein in the way that his personality has this bizarre blend of hardheaded ruthlessness in pursuing wealth and power, but also a streak of naivete in its willingness to believe the things that people close to him say about his own greatness, no matter how farfetched those things might be.

Although Oswald and Hussein were clearly far worse people than Jones, as I read the ESPN article I just kept thinking about Oswald soaking up the attention from the Dallas press after the JFK assassination and Hussein making flamboyant blunder after blunder in mis-reading what the U.S. was going to do in the lead-up to the first and second Iraq wars.

Like so many Cowboys fans, I think that I just want Jones to be more than he is. I want him to grow. I want him to mature. I want him to recognize his limitations and focus on what he's good at (because he is good at a lot of things).

Instead of Jones helping to restore the Cowboys organization to its former glory, though, Jones has this pathological desire to be recognized for an ability to identify and cultivate NFL talent that he simply does not have.

Jones reminds me of a narcissistic dwarf bent on dreams of an NBA career who has rented out your favorite gymnasium for the next 20 years so that he can perfect his dunking skills. It's just frustrating on many levels, not the least of which is that you can no longer enjoy your favorite gym because a delusional dwarf has taken it over.
            Last edited by Melchior; 09-05-2014, 07:14 PM.
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
            X