Was just about to post this.

How's the service?

Comment

Cut him

El cheapo
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Haha!

Hey papa smurf: guess who won his weekly picks pool?

11-5 vs the spread, mother effer!!!!

To be honest that's my first weekly win in 2 years. There's 50 people in it though

Comment

Nice. I was afraid to look

I think I got 5-6 games in a row wrong after the thurs nighter. Think I ended up 7-9
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I have to say

I hate the "if you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat" angle. If you're a waiter or waitress, being tipped is not your unalienable right. No one has to tip a damn thing. Instead of being mad at the tipper, be mad at the restaurant owner who's happily paying you $3.00 an hour. For the record, I tip between 15-20 percent when I go out to eat. Should Shady have tipped more ? Absolutely, but these servers are forgetting that people tip because they want to, not because they have to.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
              I hate the "if you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat" angle. If you're a waiter or waitress, being tipped is not your unalienable right. No one has to tip a damn thing. Instead of being mad at the tipper, be mad at the restaurant owner who's happily paying you $3.00 an hour. For the record, I tip between 15-20 percent when I go out to eat. Should Shady have tipped more ? Absolutely, but these servers are forgetting that people tip because they want to, not because they have to.

Comment

"You have no right to say anything because you've never waited tables," would be the response of a server. The one group of people I've ever encountered that complain the most are servers. They get pissed over being asked to get anything that isn't a basic order (although the cooks are the ones that have to deal with it). I actually think we could do away with servers entirely, and then those people could get jobs that don't rely on tips. Win-win for everyone.

Comment

I always tip at least 18-20 percent unless I am personally pissed at the person who is serving me and those I am with. It's part of the cost of having a meal in a restaurant, IMO. I tip delivery guys 15 percent as well. They deserve to make a living and if I can afford to order food, I can afford to tip.

It's funny, I had a recent discussion with my GF about tipping. I have friends from Spain who don't like to tip at all! That's because the staff at restaurants there gets paid a real wage by the restaurant owner and they don't need the tip. Usually there you just leave whatever coins you got back in change as a tip. But here in the US the wait staff depend upon tips for their livelihood.

I wonder what the situation is here. If the server pissed off McCoy, I can understand it... but it's not good PR. He could have handled it differently.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Send his ass to Washington with Mejax

Sproles looked better Sunday than both of em

Comment

Comment

One other thing.

I tend to do what one of people that left a comment suggested. I like to give tips in cash, even if paying for a meal with a CC. My ex sister in law told me she always appreciated tips in cash when she was a waitress.

I just write CASH in the area where you put the tip amount, leave a cash tip and pay the amount for the meal on my card. That way there is no record of the tip amount, and the restaurant owner doesn't get the money in their CC billing account to begin with.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

The restaurant owner pays servers $3 an hour because it is the way our government has set up the pay for serving. If a restaurant payed more they would be setting themselves up with a competitive disadvantage, but if they banned tipping they might be able to attract customers. The current pay structure to me makes tipping a mandatory thing, unless the server is outright rude or just plain horrible.

A lot of other countries have higher minimum wages and or service tax that takes care of the servers wages. Its a better system.

http://freakonomics.com/2013/10/24/s...ing-be-banned/

"Research shows that African American waiters make less in tips than people of other races, so tipping is a discriminatory practice." Interesting podcast I listen to about the whole practice. If I'm not mistaken, blonds with big cans earn significantly more as servers then any other demographic.

Comment

Bullshit. It's understood in this country that the service aspect of a meal is paid to waitstaff in the form of a tip. It's not required by law, but it is all but required by custom.

Now, is tipping the best way to accomplish this feat? I'd say no, especially since the tip is based on the price of the food more often than the quality of service. But that is the convention and until it becomes commonplace, declared by law, or explicitly advertised by the establishment that service is included in the food bill and paid directly to the server by the employer it's required.

Outside of those circumstance, if someone goes out and doesn't tip or feel that they are obligated to tip, even if service isn't ideal, they're a dick or an idiot.

And that doesn't mean tip 15-20% for bad service, but you are still being served your food instead of preparing it yourself or even picking it up at the counter.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Anybody who has ever worked in a restaurant tips very well
                              Anybody who doesn't tip well, should try working in a restaurant sometime

Tips are customarily shared between the servers, busboys and cooks too

Love that scene from Reservoir Dogs....and Buscemi is totally believable in that role

Comment

Working...
                              X