what exactly did the nfl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what exactly did the nfl

And all these other newly/exponentially more offended people think originally happened in that elevator? Did they think rice flicked her in the ear and she tripped?

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
    And all these other newly/exponentially more offended people think originally happened in that elevator? Did they think rice flicked her in the ear and she tripped?

Lot of people probably figured that it wasn't any of their business, with that said, no I don't in any way condone slapping a women around.

However, SHE also bears some responsibility, let's face it, she could have left that abusive relationship, but she's still there, right? and now married to the wife beater, right?

Why is that? and now she is defending him?
    Last edited by Eagle Road; 09-09-2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I think they thought that either people wouldn't give a shit and/or because she took responsibility people wouldn't give a shit.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

I understand your point, but it may have been slightly different if she had been attacking him for 30-60 seconds without him touching her (just taking hits)...then maybe got sick of it and smacked her.

Either way, it's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
          Lot of people probably figured that it wasn't any of their business, with that said, no I don't in any way condone slapping a women around.

However, SHE also bears some responsibility, let's face it, she could have left that abusive relationship, but she's still there, right?

Why is that?
          Jesus Christ. Many people are in abusive relationships that they can't leave or feel that they can't leave.

It could be out of fear for what he'd do to her if she does, it could be fear that she'll have nothing if she leaves him, it could be guilt that she'd be separating their child from her father, it could be that she thinks he won't do it again and it was just a one time deal.

Judging her actions to stay does nothing but minimize the act itself. It puts more blame on the victim than she may already needlessly feel. She said she was sorry for her part in this - did you see her part? What the hell does she have to be sorry for to receive a beating like that?
          Last edited by TerpEagle; 09-09-2014, 03:18 PM.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
            Jesus Christ. Many people are in abusive relationships that they can't leave or feel that they can't leave.

It could be out of fear for what he'd do to her if she does, it could be fear that she'll have nothing if she leaves him, it could be guilt that she'd be separating their child from her father, it could be that she thinks he won't do it again and it was just a one time deal.

Judging her actions to stay does nothing but minimize the act itself. It puts more blame on the victim than she may already needlessly feel. She said she was sorry for her part in this - did you see her part? What the hell does she have to be sorry for to receive a beating like that?

Again, I in NO WAY condone it, BUT, people also need to want to help themselves, right?

Comment

I just don't understand how they went from two games suspended, to cut and in more trouble from the league based on a video being released of something he already admitted to doing. What exactly did that video change? Everyone knew he knocked her out. He said he knocked her out. The nfl handed down their punishment (which was way light) so wtf?

Comment

I just don't understand how they went from two games suspended, to cut and in more trouble from the league based on a video being released of something he already admitted to doing. What exactly did that video change? Everyone knew he knocked her out. He said he knocked her out. The nfl handed down their punishment (which was way light) so wtf?

I think it was just the NFL "covering their collective asses" in order to brace for the wave of public outcry.

Comment

Again, I in NO WAY condone it, BUT, people also need to want to help themselves, right?
                  Again, you're putting blame on the victim. It's not always easy just to pack up and go. If that was the case, why is domestic violence prevalent and often repeated in relationships? Do all of these victims just not want to help themselves? The inability to break free from the cycle of violence of one of the biggest problems.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

I saw a good tweet. To paraphrase:

The NFL/Ravens didn't make this decision when THEY saw the video. They made this decision when WE saw the video.
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Again, you're putting blame on the victim. It's not always easy just to pack up and go. If that was the case, why is domestic violence prevalent and often repeated in relationships? Do all of these victims just not want to help themselves? The inability to break free from the cycle of violence of one of the biggest problems.
                      I fully understand what you are saying, as far is why is DV so prevalent? Probably because of all of the reasons you stated for her to stay, and then the kids grow up seeing that and figure it acceptable.

Comment

I saw a good tweet. To paraphrase:

The NFL/Ravens didn't make this decision when THEY saw the video. They made this decision when WE saw the video.

YEP, covering their asses.

Comment

The video was everything I expected it to be. Again, what did people expect basing things off the first video? Absolutely nothing changed.

Comment

However, SHE also bears some responsibility, let's face it, she could have left that abusive relationship, but she's still there, right? and now married to the wife beater, right?

Why is that? and now she is defending him?
                            I know, right? You're just divorcing and costing your wife-beating, rage-filled, multi-millionaire, 200+ pound NFL running back husband his job, family and freedom.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?
                            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I fully understand what you are saying, as far is why is DV so prevalent? Probably because of all of the reasons you stated for her to stay, and then the kids grow up seeing that and figure it acceptable.
                              I'm not saying it's not problematic. That's why the NFL fucked up by taking shitty action when this first happened because it downplayed the issue and/or took the "it's between them" approach. That's too often taken and it lets shit like DV fester. Not it's sent this ridiculous mixed message and rather than having a strong stance against DV it's about the NFL being a bunch of scumbags.

Regardless, questioning her motives to stay with him serve no purpose other than to highlight the complicated psychology of DV.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                              X