Follow your Dream!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow your Dream!!!

this guy grew up in my hometown and held the mile record at my high school for a long time. He probably still holds it, as they converted to metric and the mile became the 1,600 sometime in the 70s.

Anyway, at age 65, he decided he wanted to get into show biz, retired from his job, dyed his hair black and began a second career as an Elvis impersonator. I'm not kidding, and neither was he.

Today he is in Florida collecting a fat pension while pulling down six figures a year performing at senior citizens homes, community events, etc. all over the Sunshine State.

What did we learn from this story? That life is short, you must go for it when you can and its never good to carry anger around or harbor grudges. Or, to stay away from Igglephans because you were depicted in a Hitler video.

Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

thanks IG

I've fallen on some hard times as of late. Sometimes its really hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you've fallen this far.

I don't know man, I realize this post was partly in jest but these types of motivational reads are just nice to see sometimes.
    Last edited by broadstreetparade; 09-10-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Riccardo is gonna come out of the closet in this thread.

Guaranteed!

Comment

Perhaps you're right

Perhaps we've been wrong to blindly allow our petty emotions to get the better of us.

Maybe we should push our limits analytically.

To scientific method that allows us to enjoy life no matter what the obstacles.

Perhaps this scientific method of anger management could be extended to other fields of learning.

An age of rebirth.

A Renaissance!

Nah.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

The reality is that KG doesnt have a long time left. I mean this sincerely. He is no spring chicken. We may poke fun at his weight but its cutting his life short. KG needs to enjoy this time because its precious. If he doesn't want to enjoy it with his Igglephans family thats ok. I just hope he is enjoying it with the other people he finds dear in life.
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Originally posted by Diggle View Post
            The reality is that KG doesnt have a long time left. I mean this sincerely. He is no spring chicken. We may poke fun at his weight but its cutting his life short. KG needs to enjoy this time because its precious. If he doesn't want to enjoy it with his Igglephans family thats ok. I just hope he is enjoying it with the other people he finds dear in life.
            There is something touching about this thread, if only I could determine the sincerity of it. Either way, long live KG and the rest of the IgglePhans, regardless of the board's affinity (or lack thereof) for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
              this guy grew up in my hometown and held the mile record at my high school for a long time. He probably still holds it, as they converted to metric and the mile became the 1,600 sometime in the 70s.

Anyway, at age 65, he decided he wanted to get into show biz, retired from his job, dyed his hair black and began a second career as an Elvis impersonator. I'm not kidding, and neither was he.

Today he is in Florida collecting a fat pension while pulling down six figures a year performing at senior citizens homes, community events, etc. all over the Sunshine State.

What did we learn from this story? That life is short, you must go for it when you can and its never good to carry anger around or harbor grudges. Or, to stay away from Igglephans because you were depicted in a Hitler video.

You forgot to mention all that senior citizen pussy he gets, Elvis, in a old folks home, which is usually more women than men anyway, this guy is living the life,

Rock Star I tell you!

P.S. so, is he the fat Elvis or the young Elvis? Just curious, because if he's the young Elvis I see an opening here.
              Last edited by Eagle Road; 09-11-2014, 08:28 AM.

Comment

The only thing that KG means on this board is...

....kilogram. Nothing else.

Comment

EDITED

I'll follow my own advice on second thought.
                  Last edited by Irish George; 09-11-2014, 10:19 AM.
                  May 7, 2010

Comment

Look at the picture

He's Vegas Elvis.
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

BWAH

BWAH
                      May 7, 2010

Comment

nah, thank you

if that was a help, I'm gratified. Hang in there.
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

bwahahaha

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                          Riccardo is gonna come out of the closet in this thread.

Guaranteed!
                          YES!
                          May 7, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                            He's Vegas Elvis.

No problem IG, didn't know that was "HIM" thought it was just A pic of an EP impersonator.

Good, excuse me now while I go look for some singing lessons and hair dye, actually, scalp paint or a wig might be more fitting.

Comment

Perfecto

when youre right (been a while) youre right.
                              May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X