You stay classless B-more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You stay classless B-more

Just saw a news report from outside Ravens stadium. Many "fans" are proud to be sportin' their Ray Rice jersey.

Every single yutz has the same exact comment.

"Well, y'know, I don't think what he did was right, BUT.........."

Geez.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Just saw that, too. Wow. Assholes, thy name is Baltimore.
    Last edited by Susquehanna Birder; 09-11-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
      Just saw that, too. Wow. Assholes, thy name is Baltimore.
      I'm no big supporter of Baltimore fans but I doubt this would be any different in any other NFL city. For many people, performance on the football(sports) field trumps all.

It's not like Philly fans ran Brett Myers out of the city - especially when he did something great on the field.

--
      Your Retarded

Comment

It's just one of those things where the more you try and defend it, the worse it looks for you. They should probably be smart and just STFU.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
          It's just one of those things where the more you try and defend it, the worse it looks for you. They should probably be smart and just STFU.
          I know. I've had multiple discussions about this (and various other social topics) with the head of my company over the past few days and his opinions have gotten pretty ridiculous. And he still hasn't watched the video.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

That was over 2 years after the Boston incident. Phillies fans booed Myers lustily when he came back that 2006 season. These Ravens fans were going out of their way to support Ray Rice tonight.

Comment

Nice, except...........

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
              That was over 2 years after the Boston incident. Phillies fans booed Myers lustily when he came back that 2006 season. These Ravens fans were going out of their way to support Ray Rice tonight.
              Why bother to explain the Philadelphia mindset to a Marylander?

He'll never get it.
              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

So it was cool to support him after 2 years just not right away?

Many Vick haters changed their mines after he started winning and unsurprisingly the dog-killer comments resurfaced when he struggled.

http://deadspin.com/lawsuit-says-les...an-o-505830435

Remember that? Philly fans really drew back support for him after that, didn't they?

Justify it however you want, the bottom line is that it typically just comes down to how a player performs on the field that matters to most fans. And that's the same regardless of the city or the team.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
                  Why bother to explain the Philadelphia mindset to a Marylander?

He'll never get it.
                  The struggle to leave has been tough, huh?
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

In regards to the Myers situation that you referenced, it's apples and oranges. I went to a ton of Phillies game after 2006, including that playoff game against the Brewers, and I can't recall seeing a single Brett Myers jersey. The fans that night were going crazy over CC Sabathia, who was unhittable that year, and his meltdown on the mound. Not Brett Myers. And I'm sure you were hoping that the Brewers shelled Myers that night(assuming you're a Phils fan). The Ravens fans tonight who were wearing Ray Rice jerseys as a badge of honor, in light of what came out this week, is completely different. I'm not not sure why you don't understand that?

I'm not even gonna touch on the superfluous Mike Vick shit, because I think you just wanted to spam the board with another Deadspin article. We get it, man. Deadspin is the greatest!

Comment

I know a lot of fans who on the opposite side Ob

...until tonight I had not met one who was supporting him.

Embarrassing .
                      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Terp is so smug. SmugEagle. Smuggest on board
                        I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Every circus

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                          Terp is so smug. SmugEagle. Smuggest on board
                          ...has it's monkeys.
                          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

In regards to the Myers situation that you referenced, it's apples and oranges. I went to a ton of Phillies game after 2006, including that playoff game against the Brewers, and I can't recall seeing a single Brett Myers jersey. The fans that night were going crazy over CC Sabathia, who was unhittable that year, and his meltdown on the mound. Not Brett Myers. And I'm sure you were hoping that the Brewers shelled Myers that night(assuming you're a Phils fan). The Ravens fans tonight who were wearing Ray Rice jerseys as a badge of honor, in light of what came out this week, is completely different. I'm not not sure why you don't understand that?

I'm not even gonna touch on the superfluous Mike Vick shit, because I think you just wanted to spam the board with another Deadspin article. We get it, man. Deadspin is the greatest!
                            I don't condone the Raven's fans on TV today but do you really think there weren't fans wearing Myers's jersey in 2006? Come on. And if his incident was anything close to the media frenzy that the Rice one is and/or he was the fan favorite before that Rice was it's naive to think that there wouldn't be fans voicing their support had they been interviewed.

Fans are fanatics. And some are more fanatical and willing to rationalize than others. Geography has little to do with it. Hell I was happy during that walk.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

DebateTeamEagle

Comment

Working...
                              X