I don't get it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get it

Why the measly 2-game penalty if Rice admitted he hit her before the second video became public ... but he's suspended indefinitely when a video surfaces showing what he already said he did?

A public second video of the actual punch doesn't change what they already knew, based on what he stated to the NFL and the cops from jump.
    Last edited by slag; 09-11-2014, 07:14 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Exactly what I said. What changed that the ravens cut him?

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Why the measly 2-game penalty if Rice admitted he hit her before the second video became public ... but he's suspended indefinitely when a video surfaces showing what he already said he did?

A public second video of the actual punch doesn't change what they already knew, based on what he stated to the NFL and the cops from jump.
      I get what you are saying BUT.

I think this is because this is not a court of law, it is a court of public relations.

That imagery on the video is horrible, especially when Goodell's NFL is going to try and play like they really care about women by wearing pink next month.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        I get what you are saying BUT.

I think this is because this is not a court of law, it is a court of public relations.

That imagery on the video is horrible, especially when Goodell's NFL is going to try and play like they really care about women by wearing pink next month.
        Also, as has been illustrated many times before, the coverup can be much worse than the crime. Not legally, but in the court of public opinion
        --------

Comment

The NFL has looked the other way on crimes and bad behavior for a long time.

The league is riddled with shitbirds who get a lookaway.

And the media is no better.

How Ray Lewis was hired by ESPN fucking boggles my mind (as it did when Michael Irvin got a job).

Comment

Mob mentality has taken over

Everyone wants their pound of flesh.

Comment

Still makes no sense. There was a video of Rice dragging his unconscious fiancee out of an elevator. We all knew what happened. The new video changed nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                Still makes no sense. There was a video of Rice dragging his unconscious fiancee out of an elevator. We all knew what happened. The new video changed nothing.
                Many people allowed themselves to obfuscate the truth without the elevator video. Now that luxury is gone.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Rice told them he hit her.

They essentially stating that seeing a video of a misdeed mandates a harsher penalty than an admission without one.

Which makes no sense to me.

Comment

Actually, seeing him drag an unconscious woman didn't prove anything about what happened prior to that ... could have any number of things aside from a punch.

But an admission of hitting her does prove it.
                    Last edited by slag; 09-11-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      Rice told them he hit her.

They essentially stating that seeing a video of a misdeed mandates a harsher penalty than an admission without one.

Which makes no sense to me.
                      He told them he hit her.

He didn't tell them how hard he hit her or how brutal the moment was.

I think looking at the video tells me a lot more than anything Ray Rice might have told anybody. I can judge for myself!

Ray Rice says, "I hit her." Vs. I see he hit her with a haymaker, holding nothing back and knocked her out.

Neither is good but there is a difference, you know.
                      --------

Comment

And furthermore, the problem is the "measly two game suspension" was way too light in the first place!

Goodell should have come down much harder on this sh*t from the get go, bad PR video or no bad PR video.

This says a lot about what the NFL's values are, IMO.
                        --------

Comment

Did he say what he told them about how hard he hit her, etc?

This is all about the public seeing it IMO.

I think the better play would have been, instead of creating a cover up problem, to say something like:

"We screwed this up ... second video or not, we should have been harder about this and we're fixing it."

Comment

Exactly. When John Harbaugh addressed the media he said "after seeing the video, things have changed". Uhhhhhh. What changed? He said he knocked her out, you saw the video of him dragging her out of the elevator. You kept him on the roster. So what changed?

Comment

I saw a tweet from someone that i agree with.

"The Ravens/NFL didn't cut/suspend Ray Rice when they saw the video. They cut him when YOU saw the video. Remember that."

Comment

Working...
                              X