AT&T Next...any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T Next...any thoughts?

Thinking about going from my 5s to the new 6 Plus but I've only had my phone for 1 year. The next way is the only way to make that happen...

Didn't seem like a real bargain to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
      Thinking about going from my 5s to the new 6 Plus but I've only had my phone for 1 year. The next way is the only way to make that happen...
      Next has you pay the full price of the phone over the 12 or 18 months. It ends up running the 6 or 7 hundred that the phone would cost outright. You are also then locked in to that phone for that period of time.

Personally I do not see the 6 as enough of an upgrade to pay the 6 or 7 hundred I would wait till my contract is up and get he 6s or 7 or whatever comes out at that time... or more likely get the 6 at that time when it drops in price.

Comment

We did metropcs, 4 for 100 bucks. 4g smartphones
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I just ordered the iPhone 6

I was willing to shell out the extra hundred bucks for the 6 plus but I think it's just too damn big. Looks marginal for fitting in a pants pocket. I have a tablet anyway.

I did like the longer battery life and optical image stabilization on the camera on the 6 plus though.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

We just did it. Upgraded our 4S models to the 5S.

It is saving us about $40/month over doing it the traditional way of $100 for the phone and a 2-year contract.

Additionally, we traded in both 4S(es) and got Lifeproof cases, a mini jam box, and left with a $150 gift card.

So in the end, we got a better rate on our monthly bill, two new phones, cases, a bluetooth speaker, and $150 credit.
            Last edited by BigSlizz; 09-16-2014, 05:14 PM.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

It reminded me of the car leasing merry-go-round. There's no real financial advantage other than a limited lump sum payment. They get you either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                It reminded me of the car leasing merry-go-round. There's no real financial advantage other than a limited lump sum payment. They get you either way.
                I see they now give a discount on a shared plan if you use next so it changes my numbers. When I looked at it last you paid way more with next now I am not sure

Comment

After further review... and cutting out a piece of cardboard the size of the 6 plus, I decided to cancel my order for the 6 and go with the 6 plus. It will fit in my pocket and I can sit without it being uncomfortable which was my major concern.

But it's going to be about a month before I get it. The 6 is available in a couple of weeks if you order now.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Working...
                  X