For those who bash "scalpers," this Ticket Exchange bullshit is a racket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who bash "scalpers," this Ticket Exchange bullshit is a racket

I've got cheap seats at the Rams. I'm going to watch the Eagles this weekend, instead of booing Romo in person, so I decided to sell them. The NFL's official ticket selling service is making me enter a minimum price of $64/ticket for my $30 seats.

What a joke.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Yes its a joke . And not really much of a surprise either

The NFL employed a smear campaign to keep decent fans from selling to decent fans by introducing "fear" into the equation.

What if the tickets are counterfeit ?
    What if the person who buys them misbehaves and ruins your good reputation ?

All they really wanted to do was to take a shot at the scalpers who were making too much jack off of their product.
    They saw what was happening in the secondary market and sought to capitalize on it.
    Now they are going to the concept of "variable pricing" which further erodes the profits of the scalpers/agencies while putting some window dressing on the ripoff that is preseason @ full price

Fuck the NFL

Comment

This is bullshit. I have enough trouble giving Rams tickets away, and they are charging more than double face value.

I just requested PDFs so I can list them on Stub Hub.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        This is bullshit. I have enough trouble giving Rams tickets away, and they are charging more than double face value.

I just requested PDFs so I can list them on Stub Hub.
        Craigslist. Stubhub is just as expensive as NFL TE. 25% Commission on Stubhub. Craigslist is free.

Comment

Are you still defending/justifying your scalper friend who would charge you $200 for SRO?

Comment

No more than you're defending the NFL charging double face for my tickets.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I have no issue with Stubhub's fee. My issue is that the NFL wouldn't even let me LIST my tickets for less than $64.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

[QUOTE=BigSlizz;1775040]This is bullshit. I have enough trouble giving Rams tickets away, and they are charging more than double face value.

Had to laugh at that,

Thx BS.

Comment

Right but..

I have no issue with Stubhub's fee. My issue is that the NFL wouldn't even let me LIST my tickets for less than $64.
                  Put them on Craigslist and you can list them for whatever price as well as zero commission.

Comment

I get it. I just like the freedom of listing them and having it all taken care of rather than having to worry about collecting money.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I get it. I just like the freedom of listing them and having it all taken care of rather than having to worry about collecting money.
                      Do the Rams have the option to transfer tix by email like the Eagles? I think that is one of the best things the FO has done. Makes getting tickets to a person so much easier.

Comment

Here's an interesting update. The $64 value on the tickets (explained as $57 + their $7 fee) has now increased to $72, with their fee increasing proportionately.

Who the fuck is going to buy that? PDFs obtained, listing to StubHub now. Never again, NFL.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

They do. My issue with Craigslist is just the getting the money part. I listed them on Stubhub. Their fee is about 3%.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

They do. My issue with Craigslist is just the getting the money part. I listed them on Stubhub. Their fee is about 3%.
                            PayPal

Comment

No more than you're defending the NFL charging double face for my tickets.
                              Yea right, I would never use that crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X