One of my few concerns about Monday's game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my few concerns about Monday's game

Was Bill Davis' inability to adjust to that unbalanced formation that Indy was running until late in the game. They were making Trent Richardson look like Marcus Allen. Gotta be able to recognize and adjust quicker than that.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Yes, that was troubling, especially since Luck wasn't exactly setting the world on fire. Probably gave him too much respect at the expense of defending the run. Should have had 8 in the box on those formations. Hopefully they will figure it out now that they've seen it. Otherwise, it's gonna happen all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
      Was Bill Davis' inability to adjust to that unbalanced formation that Indy was running until late in the game. They were making Trent Richardson look like Marcus Allen. Gotta be able to recognize and adjust quicker than that.
      16 carries for 47 yards in the second half. They got gashed by it in the 1st half, went in to the locker room, made adjustments and were fine the 2nd half.

They did exactly what we've been asking a defense to do since JJ passed...make some goddamn adjustments.

It's hard to adjust on the fly in the game action, but when they had time as a group to sit down and dissect it, they came out fine.

Comment

Maybe it just seemed like more

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        16 carries for 47 yards in the second half. They got gashed by it in the 1st half, went in to the locker room, made adjustments and were fine the 2nd half.

They did exactly what we've been asking a defense to do since JJ passed...make some goddamn adjustments.

It's hard to adjust on the fly in the game action, but when they had time as a group to sit down and dissect it, they came out fine.
        Didn't feel like they really got a hold of it until midway through the third.
        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

They should get extra credit for not giving up 100+ yards after Fredo came in. He makes the other 10 have to play even harder.

Comment

They should get extra credit for not giving up 100+ yards after Fredo came in. He makes the other 10 have to play even harder.

The orange cone reference comes to mind!

Comment

The Eagles use unbalanced formations.

It shouldn't be a mystery to their defense.

http://grantland.com/features/chip-k...nfl-influence/

Comment

John Harbaugh, Pep Hamilton and David Shaw have all run it a lot at Stanford. Chip's seen it before from Oregon and from running it in his own offense.

I really don't think it was anything more than they didn't game plan for the worst rushing team in the NFL to commit to the run so much and not the formation.

Comment

John Harbaugh, Pep Hamilton and David Shaw have all run it a lot at Stanford. Chip's seen it before from Oregon and from running it in his own offense.

I really don't think it was anything more than they didn't game plan for the worst rushing team in the NFL to commit to the run so much and not the formation.
                  Davis mentioned that they prepared for a different look.

---
                  "When you go back to the Stanford and Oregon battles, they had gone to the big personnel [packages]," said Billy Davis. "Pep Hamilton was there and the quarterback, so we prepared a little bit more for that this week. We didn’t do as much tackle over as they gave us tonight, which is the unbalanced look. And we had a couple misalignments there, and they hit us. They had a good plan. ... The rushing yards were way more than we wanted to give up, but the guys fought."
                  ---

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...sBOklXEcL5F.99
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Yes I agree. With a suspect secondary and Luck behind center I thought the Colts game plan would be bombs away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolomite View Post
                      Yes I agree. With a suspect secondary and Luck behind center I thought the Colts game plan would be bombs away.
                      Fletcher or Williams trying to run with TY Hilton? Uh, yeah, I woulda been calling a ton of deep passes.

Comment

Working...
                      X