Shifting gears,,Was Dee line playing well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifting gears,,Was Dee line playing well

they had a ton of sacks last week,,and yes I know the Jags O line is nothing to write home about..Most effective way to disarm a pass rush is by a good running game.....Iggles need to run well this week and yes stop Morris,,,,
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

or screens. Paging Darren Sproles, Darren Sproles!!
    YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

"Ton of sacks"??

Igs only had 3 in week one, and bupkis monday night. Washington had 10 sacks against the same sorry ass jags O line.
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
        Igs only had 3 in week one, and bupkis monday night. Washington had 10 sacks against the same sorry ass jags O line.
        I thought the same thing, but then I re-read Trent's thread title. He's not asking "Was the D-Line playing well?" he's stating that "Washington's (aka Was) D-line is playing well"

Confusing.

Comment

Ah yeah you're right

nm
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Usually I go back and correct my Typing errors

But I have been Mad Busy Sorry...Yes the Washington Dee line looks good,,they have given up the least amount of Points in the Div, and yes for some reason throw out the records,,its Philly Was,,,once upon a time all games were decided By 4 points or less....this is your classic trap game.
            OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
            "BFTR"

Comment

It was fairly reminiscent of a west coast cum lapper thread title, just needed some animating. You're better than that, Trent.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                they had a ton of sacks last week,,and yes I know the Jags O line is nothing to write home about..Most effective way to disarm a pass rush is by a good running game.....Iggles need to run well this week and yes stop Morris,,,,
                Not to be a homer, but they've played 2 of the most disastrously shitty offenses/offensive lines in the entire league. Still outperformed Philly against Jacksonville, but this is like Oakland being the #4 defense before "we" lit them up last year.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

The WAS DEE-line got HOW many sacks!?... ....

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                  It was fairly reminiscent of a west coast cum lapper thread title, just needed some animating. You're better than that, Trent.
                  "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                    Not to be a homer, but they've played 2 of the most disastrously shitty offenses/offensive lines in the entire league. Still outperformed Philly against Jacksonville, but this is like Oakland being the #4 defense before "we" lit them up last year.
                    I don't think so. Washington has some seriously legit edge rushers in Kerrigan and Orakpo. Either one of them would have led the Eagles in sacks last season. There really isn't anything to suggest this will be different this season.

The Eagles are the better team but pass rush is one area where Washington is more talented.
                    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                      I don't think so. Washington has some seriously legit edge rushers in Kerrigan and Orakpo. Either one of them would have led the Eagles in sacks last season. There really isn't anything to suggest this will be different this season.

The Eagles are the better team but pass rush is one area where Washington is more talented.
                      Not discounting their pass rush, but their overall defensive talent is not great. Their ILBs and DBs aren't exactly world beaters.

Comment

Take Jacksonville with a grain of salt, though I don't think Houston's O-line is that bad. We've played two QB's that aren't that great. In no way do I think our defense is actually #1 in the league, but they are seriously improved over last year for a few reasons.

1. Jason Hatcher, which I honestly thought would be another over-30 bust signing, has actually been very good. He'll be matched up against Dennis Kelly, and I'm hoping he'll abuse him, because Jason Peters will shut down Orakpo. I really like Rak, but Jason Peters is top notch. Ryan Kerrigan on the other side is one of those non-stop motor guys you don't pay much attention to, then you look up at the end of the year and he has 8-10 sacks. He'll get the backup RT.

2. We have Keenan Robinson at one of the MLB positions instead of London Fletcher. I loved Fletcher, but he was running in fumes and couldn't keep up with RB's or TE's in space anymore.

3. Having Ryan Clark in the backfield, even at his age, is a serious upgrade over Baccari Rambo, who just got cut with Meriweather coming back. Also, David Amerson is a serious upgrade at CB2 over Josh Wilson.

With D-Jax no longer on the Eagles, I don't have much worry about any deep threat, especially not with our improved pass rush, but I fully expect there will be several screen plays and passes to your TE's in space that will make me want to hurl my remote at the wall, while you guys are cheering.

I expect you'll feel the same way if we can get Alfred Morris going. I'll bet this winds up being a really close game, and I'm really curious to see how our defense holds up against Philly's hurry up offense.

Which brings me to a question, if anyone has bothered to read this far down. I didn't see any of the Philly-Jax game and only the first half of your game against Indy. Are teams still faking injuries to slow you down? I saw Jones go down for Indy, but I think that turned out to be a legitimate injury. Have there been any instances of it this year, or are teams playing fair and adjusting in other ways?
                        Last edited by Phoward12; 09-18-2014, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I dissagree,,,they are not stacked head to toe

like the Seahags, but overall they had a good Dee last year and have improved it...this is the best defense we will have played so far....their front 7 are very productive and that helps the back end,,,Not saying we can't score on umm but it will be tough game.

Ohh and Dee means defense
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                            like the Seahags, but overall they had a good Dee last year and have improved it...this is the best defense we will have played so far....their front 7 are very productive and that helps the back end,,,Not saying we can't score on umm but it will be tough game.

Ohh and Dee means defense
                            But that Washington secondary is atrocious. I still don't understand the fascination teams have with Ryan Clark and pretty much every eagles corner would start in Washington.

Also, chip Kelly does a better job of keeping a pass rush off balance than any coach I've ever seen. And that is not hyperbole in any way. He just uses the running game so effectively pass rushers have a tough time pinning their ears back, so to speak.

This really amounts to strength against strength.
                            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

This is the game for Maclin and Cooper to take over

because the front 7 will be keying in Sprolsy and Shady...hey gonna be a dog fight. I hope I'm wrong
                              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                              "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                              X