I'm sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry

I just like Colgate toothpaste better than Crest. I was not paid to say this.
    DB

So you like a little cancer in your toothpaste, who am I to argue.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...e-s-total.html

Comment

Completely false
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Of course.... Colgate-Polmolive would never introduce any product into the market that could ever harm anyone... that is simply unheard of in business. Blind Trust of big corporations is always the answer.
        Must be the liberal media then.... after all, I referenced Bloomberg that commie business rag.

Comment

Like Fox canceling Arrested Development and Family Guy, CP doesn't know how to distribute their best products. I'm still salty that Irish Spring Deodorant is not readily available.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I've seen the science

Ironclad

Comment

Need more?

Let me know

Comment

even if it does cause cancer...

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                Ironclad
                ...you can always take homeopathics to cure yourself.

DB

Comment

15 ch!

1:10-30th dilution

Comment

Eh, I moved onto Ocean Surf or whatever that scent is. I just wanted to be able to pick it up while I'm out. I appreciate it, though.

It just blows my mind how they can have a product so good that is so scarcely distributed.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Let me know
                      Here's a little insight for those contemplating using / not using products with triclosan or any other additives

FDA operates on a Risk/Reward basis. For example, if a company is developing a toothpaste or a nasal decongestant ,the FDA is not going to accept much or any RISK because neither are life threatening and there are abundant alternatives. If a company is developing an anti-cancer drug, then the FDA is going to accept a lot more risk and toxicity because cancer is life threatening and there aren't abundant alternatives

Many cancer meds make your hair fall out, but that beats dying. Nasal decongestants that make your hair fall out are killed in development
                      So, if at any time you aren't comfortable with the FDAs RISK/REWARD ratio, then choose for your self. They certainly aren't infallible

The manufacturer also has a RISK/REWARD equation and they weigh its economic benefit vs the risk of liability - and they sometimes come to a different answer than the FDA or independent researchers. So be it

Which brings us back to Dim Bulb- is he willing to take on any risk just to stick with his choice of toothpaste ?

We each get to decide, but I'll close with this: There is a lot more we don't know about human medicine than we do know.
                      That makes me wary of people making IRONCLAD pronouncements on message boards

Comment

Nah

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                        Here's a little insight for those contemplating using / not using products with triclosan or any other additives

FDA operates on a Risk/Reward basis. For example, if a company is developing a toothpaste or a nasal decongestant ,the FDA is not going to accept much or any RISK because neither are life threatening and there are abundant alternatives. If a company is developing an anti-cancer drug, then the FDA is going to accept a lot more risk and toxicity because cancer is life threatening and there aren't abundant alternatives

Many cancer meds make your hair fall out, but that beats dying. Nasal decongestants that make your hair fall out are killed in development
                        So, if at any time you aren't comfortable with the FDAs RISK/REWARD ratio, then choose for your self. They certainly aren't infallible

The manufacturer also has a RISK/REWARD equation and they weigh its economic benefit vs the risk of liability - and they sometimes come to a different answer than the FDA or independent researchers. So be it

Which brings us back to Dim Bulb- is he willing to take on any risk just to stick with his choice of toothpaste ?

We each get to decide, but I'll close with this: There is a lot more we don't know about human medicine than we do know.
                        That makes me wary of people making IRONCLAD pronouncements on message boards
                        I've been dealing with FDA my whole working life practically and there has never been a bunch of dumber f8cks walking around making pronouncements when they can't even find their own a$$ with two hands.

Having said that, I am using the colgate because I found an old travel size in my desk drawer even after I threw the big tubes out and bought Crest.
                        DB

Comment

Ironclad might have been too strong

But the clinical/safety body of evidence is very extensive and comprehensive. I'm convinced it is safe and effective and continue to use it so I don't worry about it. I also don't worry about eating fruits and vegetable that naturally contain known carcinogens (like apples, mushrooms and peanut butter).

Comment

But the clinical/safety body of evidence is very extensive and comprehensive. I'm convinced it is safe and effective
                            Thanks, and I was merely pushing back on the ironclad comment
                            Good luck with your recovery

Comment

Working...
                            X