I think any defensive player would hate Chip Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think any defensive player would hate Chip Kelly

The guy is busting your ass every day to make sure his vaunted offense is as good as it can be.

Then he repays your efforts by keeping you on the field as much as possible on game days.

What is there to like? Obviously winning, but why wouldn't players get frustrated?
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Maybe if the defense made a play, they could get off the field sooner.
    On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

And then they're back out there in two minutes. I get what you're saying, but the members of this D must feel like Ellsworth every day.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
        And then they're back out there in two minutes. I get what you're saying, but the members of this D must feel like Ellsworth every day.
        Waaaaah! If they could stop tripping over their dicks for 3 consecutive plays, they might get off the field, while the offense rolls over people and STs scores them a TD.

God forbid they ever actually allow a lead to develop, so they can actually pass rush a little bit.

Hopefully Kendricks gets back soon and the CBs figure their shit out.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Right. How dare Chris Polk take a kickoff 102 yards. He should have gotten to midfield and taken a knee so the defense could get some rest. They must have been exhausted on the first drive after Chip's warmups.

Comment

This is why the Eagles defense has given up a touchdown drive on the first possession of all three games. I never would have guessed it was anticipatory fatigue.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              God forbid they ever actually allow a lead to develop, so they can actually pass rush a little bit.
              SERIOUSLY. Just get a few early stops for once and you make things so much easier for yourselves.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Colts went 3 and out last Monday.

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                This is why the Eagles defense has given up a touchdown drive on the first possession of all three games. I never would have guessed it was anticipatory fatigue.

Comment

These fucking guys

Make Trent Richardson and Ahmad Bradshaw look like Marcus Allen and Bo Jackson, and Kirk Cousins look like John Elway, and then have the nerve to blame Chip Kelly. Unreal.
                  The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

You're putting words in my mouth.

Edit: I'm not saying the D doesn't suck. I'm saying it must suck for defensive players to know that even if they get off the field, they'll be right back on it.
                    Last edited by BigSlizz; 09-22-2014, 08:46 PM.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                      Make Kirk Cousins look like John Elway
                      That is the league's doing, not your defense. They changed the rules because there are only a few Elways, Brady's, Mannings etc and that's not good for business. They needed to change the rules / neuter the defenses so that more than 15 guys on the planet are capable of playing QB in the NFL.

Many athletes can throw a pretty spiral, but only a few could do it knowing they were going to get killed. So they took the "killed" part out of the equation which allows old men like Brady to play longer and guys like Kirk Cousins to succeed in the modern game.
                      Defense wins championships, but it doesn't fill stadiums or increase the ratings.

Comment

It's nearly impossible to play in the secondary any more.

Every pass play, I'm now looking for a flag if the ball's incomplete.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                          Maybe if the defense made a play, they could get off the field sooner.
                          I get what you are saying but I do have to side with Slizz on this. It is tough to make a play when you have a guy like Matthews in the middle
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Oh absolutely, but injuries are part of the game and howie has not helped much in player acquisition. This being said someone has to step up and make some plays, and I dont expct to see much more of fredo on the field.
                            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

The continued presence of Fredo has the same smell that the promotion of Castilleo had when the FF was still here.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X