• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F*ed up

http://www.thestate.com/2014/09/24/3...opular#wgt=pop
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

What a fucking asshole, hope they throw the book at him, tired of seeing this shit from this holier than thou, and above the law types.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
      What a fucking asshole, hope they throw the book at him, tired of seeing this shit from this holier than thou, and above the law types.
      Agree wholeheartedly.
      "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

I guess it's conceivable that...

Originally posted by BirdsInNC View Post
        Agree wholeheartedly.
        ...the cop saw the guy lean into the truck and thought he might come out with a weapon. Seems like there are other ways to handle that than shoot right away. Glad the guy wasn't killed.
        DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
          ...the cop saw the guy lean into the truck and thought he might come out with a weapon. Seems like there are other ways to handle that than shoot right away. Glad the guy wasn't killed.
          "seat belt violation"
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I thought that too at first when I saw the guy reach back into his vehicle. But IMHO there's a real problem with the trigger happy, shoot-first-and-ask-questions later type and that's what I'm getting from this vid.
            "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Comment

Apparently this cop expects everyone to carry their registration in their pocket.

I've never been helped by a police officer in my entire life. I have been harassed by a few of them.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by BirdsInNC View Post
                I thought that too at first when I saw the guy reach back into his vehicle. But IMHO there's a real problem with the trigger happy, shoot-first-and-ask-questions later type and that's what I'm getting from this vid.
                I think the more knowledgeable folks on this board could speak to what a police officer should do when someone reaches in their car that way. I would think yelling freeze and even a warning shot makes more sense than just shooting the guy. Tackling him maybe? Of course, if the police officer was Casey Matthews, that wouldn't be a good idea.
                DB

Comment

JMHO, the problem in my mind is that years ago even around here, that cop would have walked up and said something like, "hey, I noticed you weren't wearing your seatbelt, do me a favor and buckle up, I don't want to have to come to an accident and see you hurt or dead for no reason, have a great day" and be on his way.

Now it is all about how many "contacts" they can make a day, and of course if during a "contact" (can't call them quota's) they can issue a citation it makes the tax collectors happy.

I personally know a State Trooper that quit for this very reason, being pressured to make stops and write tickets. Enough of this bureaucratic bullshit already.

Comment

I've been helped many times

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                    Apparently this cop expects everyone to carry their registration in their pocket.

I've never been helped by a police officer in my entire life. I have been harassed by a few of them.
                    Most recently after this car accident. The State Trooper was great, even came to the hospital. It could've been because I told him I was friends with Riccardo, though.
                    DB

Comment

You haven't been helped in any way that you can quantify

Maybe you want to rephrase that.

Comment

In 2011, the police force in the whole country of Germany fired their weapon 89 times of which 49 were warning shots. That's for the whole year. USA police surpass that daily! Ridiculous.
                        Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                          Maybe you want to rephrase that.
                          I'm not an anti cop guy, but a lot of these guys have a Rambo, the world is out to get me sort of attitude.

A police officer can justify force in so many different situations. Rather than duck behind his car and command the guy to put his hands down and lay on the ground, he starts blasting and jumping around like he's playing Call of Duty. I'm not sure how so many maniacs make their way onto the police force, but the allure is obvious.
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

i remember one time when i was with my ex-wife...she was speeding and we got pulled over.

i reached into the glove compartment to get the registration and stuff. the cop was cool but said to wait till the officer is standing at the vehicle because the officer does not know what you are going to be getting from your car.
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Makes me think of the time

I got pulled over near Charleston SC on my way to Savannah. With my girlfriend at the time. Cop pulled me over and told me to get out of the car. Wasn't speeding- much. Had the cruise control set on 60 in a 55 zone on Highway 17 out in the middle of nowhere- wide open four lane. Don't think there's too many cops out there who would pull you over for 5mph over the limit, but whatever. After asking me where I was going and what I was doing there, he goes back to my car and cross-checks my story with my girlfriend. Then he tells me I was "tailgating a green Honda CRV" and was speeding. Which was BS because I hadn't seen a car for miles. This is out in the middle of nowhere north of Charleston. He eventually let us go, but it got me thinking- don't citizens have the right to remain in their vehicles and call local law enforcement if you suspect the cop stopping you isn't a legit cop? Because ever since I've been suspicious that that cop wasn't legit- the CRV that wasn't there, "speeding" when I was doing all of 5 over, cross checking my explanation where we were going and what we were doing. Even though I'd be hesitant to argue with a cop about getting out of a car after seeing a video of a guy getting shot after being pulled over for a seat belt violation.

Comment

Working...
                              X