Some pretty cool insight on Chip's personality and ability to adjust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some pretty cool insight on Chip's personality and ability to adjust

The step-dad of a guy I work with is apparently really close friends with Merrill Reese and had him over for dinner a few nights ago. Merrill told him he was talking to Mark Sanchez (who he said is one of the nicest guys he's ever met) and Mark was giving him some insight about Chip on game day's.

1) Chip will get extremely fired up on the helmet microphones in-between plays saying things like "time to ram it down their fucking throats" etc.

2) On numerous occasions Chip will draw a play up from scratch during games, plays the team has never practiced, and then will call said play in the next offensive series

3) I thought this one was pretty funny, Mark says on offensive plays that get blown up by the defense/don't work at all, Chip will come back on the helmet mic and say things like "well that didn't fuckin work did it", or "who the hell called that play?"

I think there is a lot to be said about his personality and keeping it real with the team during games, I bet it relieves a lot of the in game pressure when Chip comes on the mic and says things like that.
    "But again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look in the mirror."

That's nice about Chip and all but all I can imagine after reading this is having Merrill over for dinner and hearing him say "please, pass the potatoes" and getting all fired up.

Comment

Working...
    X