Fuck a Foreskin BUT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck a Foreskin BUT...

The "Football Life" about Sean Taylor was pretty damn sad. That guy was a beast, and apparently a hell of a teammate.

The team from Washington still blows, but it sucks to see a great guy and great player go out in their prime like that.

I didn't see it. Did it cover things like Taylor skipping out on the NFL's mandatory rookie symposium and getting fined $25,000 along with his 2004 DUI arrest and 2005 aggravated assault arrest in Miami? Much of his background lead to suspicion regarding his death from what I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
      I didn't see it. Did it cover things like Taylor skipping out on the NFL's mandatory rookie symposium and getting fined $25,000 along with his 2004 DUI arrest and 2005 aggravated assault arrest in Miami? Much of his background lead to suspicion regarding his death from what I remember.
      It talked about the problems he had and how he was a bit misunderstood and what not. Worth a watch.

Comment

Would it be impolite to point out

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        It talked about the problems he had and how he was a bit misunderstood and what not. Worth a watch.
        they have a "Football Life" on Ray Lewis?

fuck a foreskin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
          they have a "Football Life" on Ray Lewis?

fuck a foreskin.
          They have one on a lot of guys from a lot of teams, I don't see your point?

They make them to tell interesting stories, and an All-Pro safety with a checkered past who was killed in his prime is an interesting story.

Comment

Your opinion of Taylor as a "great guy"

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            They have one on a lot of guys from a lot of teams, I don't see your point?

They make them to tell interesting stories, and an All-Pro safety with a checkered past who was killed in his prime is an interesting story.
            based on what you saw on the league's propaganda machine (NFLN) is problematic to me. Nothing against you personally. They apparently have made Ray Lewis look like a good guy, too.

Can't wait for "Juice: A Football Life" and "Be Like Mike Irvin: A Football Life." On a related note, there used to be this website called cracksmoker.com that listed all sports stars' legal issues and had links to stories. I miss that site.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              based on what you saw on the league's propaganda machine (NFLN) is problematic to me. Nothing against you personally. They apparently have made Ray Lewis look like a good guy, too.

Can't wait for "Juice: A Football Life" and "Be Like Mike Irvin: A Football Life." On a related note, there used to be this website called cracksmoker.com that listed all sports stars' legal issues and had links to stories. I miss that site.
              I'm calling him a great guy in that his family, friends and teammates absolutely loved the guy and he was a great guy to them. He wasn't a saint, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a great person to the people in his life.

I don't know why you have such a hard on for the NFL Network, but maybe you should watch some of the "Football Life" episodes with an open mind. They're interesting.

Just don't tell me that my opinion was formed for me by the NFL and not by me.

Nothing against you personally either.
              Last edited by Sect 236; 09-27-2014, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Here's a great guy then!

Comment

Hell, Michael was a great guy too!

Comment

Sonny was the best of all of them. He stood up against domestic violence before it was cool to do so.

Comment

Working...
                    X