WRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRs

Impolite to point out that Maclin has more yards than either DJax or Garcon and more TDs than them combined?

And oh yeah, they've played an extra game.

"If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Nick Foles or Bob Griffin/Kirk Cousins?
    Chip Kelly's O or Jay Gruden's O?
    Riley Cooper and a rookie competing with you for targets or DeSean/Garçon and Andre Roberts competing with you for targets?

I'm happy Maclin is playing well, I was a strong supporter of signing him over Cooper if it was an either/or, but me thinks this post has a very strong anti-DeSean agenda. Maclin is in a much better situation than DeSean and Garcon, he should be having a better year.

Comment

I think it's more the fact that one WR is a small cog in this offense and Chip rolled the dice and so far he is 1-0 on his dice roll

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
        I think it's more the fact that one WR is a small cog in this offense and Chip rolled the dice and so far he is 1-0 on his dice roll
        Jury is still out on if his dice roll was successful or not, it's only been 3 games, but it does look good so far.
        Last edited by Sect 236; 09-27-2014, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post

I'm happy Maclin is playing well, I was a strong supporter of signing him over Cooper if it was an either/or, but me thinks this post has a very strong anti-DeSean agenda. Maclin is in a much better situation than DeSean and Garcon, he should be having a better year.
          I'm not sure their situation is that much better. Those are 2 good WRs, and they also play with a good TE in Paul and a good RB in Morris.

I'd say their Oline is about the same, being that we have all backups in right now.

Where Maclin has the decisive advantage is in the system, IMO.

Comment

If it's the system then the real comparison will be Mac this year vs. DJacc last year.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Jury is def out however we were all worried about Jax biting us in the ass and so far Chips 1-0

I would have loved to keep Jaccsons talent but I'm ok with the "man" being let go

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                If it's the system then the real comparison will be Mac this year vs. DJacc last year.
                Part of me wonders if the lack of a super speedy receiver like Jackson is allowing defense to key in more on LeSean McCoy. McCoy's production is definitely down so far this year. I guess the problems with the O-line haven't helped either.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I agree def something to that but let's see how he runs will a full oline after week 10

Defenses can def full the box though with out the super up top threat gone

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                    Chip Kelly's O or Jay Gruden's O?
                    Riley Cooper and a rookie competing with you for targets or DeSean/Garçon and Andre Roberts competing with you for targets?

It's not so much anti-DeSean, I just felt like a lot a people were dogging Maclin this offseason. And you realize that works both ways, right? When you have good receivers across from you, it gives you more opportunities and mismatches.

Edit: I didn't make the highlighted graphic, I just grabbed it from somewhere.
                    Last edited by Melchior; 09-27-2014, 04:56 PM.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

How'd stacking against the run work out for Washington last week?
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

pointless

Comment

Opened up the pass but our hurt oline didn't help our run game any

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                            It's not so much anti-DeSean, I just felt like a lot a people were dogging Maclin this offseason. And you realize that works both ways, right? When you have good receivers across from you, it gives you more opportunities and mismatches.

Edit: I didn't make the highlighted graphic, I just grabbed it from somewhere.
                            Well, I can definitely say I wasnt a Maclin hater, like I said, I would have packed Cooper's bags for him if he had to go to make room for Maclin.

My point is, if DeSean has a bad year, I don't think that's cause for saying he stinks. Different situations for both guys. Neither is Megatron, Green, Julio etc. Guys like that, the situation doesn't really matter, they're gonna ball. Both of Mac and Jacc are more successful depending on the system/situation they're playing in. I think, QB especially, Mac is currently in the better situation.

I think McCarthy's point is valid, let's see how Maclin's numbers stack up to DeSean's from last year at the end of the season. They should be close if not better.

Comment

Working...
                            X