I fear hubris.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fear hubris.

Chip's red zone play calling has really puzzled me all season.

Originally posted by RSE View Post
    Chip's red zone play calling has really puzzled me all season.
    If there was ever a situation that cried out for some creativity, that was it yesterday.
    Misdirection, reverse, unbalanced line, trickeration. Chip said they got the 5 yards with Shady on 2nd because they surprised them. Well, you had two more chances to surprise them with something other than rolling Foles out and cutting the field in half.

Comment

Accepting that penalty late in the game when a FG keeps it to one score troubles me as much as anything else I heard about yesterday, after I stopped watching flagball in the 3d quarter.
      Last edited by slag; 09-29-2014, 11:20 AM.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Good thing you didn't see the block in the back call on the last punt return. You would have been apoplectic

Comment

My brother kept watching and he was screaming so loud on the phone to me that I thought the neighbors could hear it.

Comment

I thought Ertz would be a go to guy in the Red Zone this year. Guess not.

Comment

I too stopped watching the game in the third quarter and took to my patio to have a smoke and listen to the game on the radio. FWIW the network radio guys thought taking the penalty was the correct option being if the Eagles held it would mean a longer FG attempt into what had become swirling winds. Those announcers have not learned as we have, from years of Eagles football, that in third and long the offense has the Eagles' defense where they want them.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                Accepting that penalty late in the game when a FG keeps it to one score troubles me as much as anything else I heard about yesterday, after I stopped watching flagball in the 3d quarter.
                I don't necessarily have an issue with him taking that penalty in that situation in most cases b/c pushing them back makes it almost a 50 yarder and if he misses it, then a FG still takes the lead.

I do have an issue with him taking it given the situation of the game...your defense has been on the field 90% of the game up until that point and is probably gassed, so why take the chance?

Comment

Those announcers are fucking nuts.

This is the NFL ... you don't give a team another chance to get a TD at that point of the game.

Comment

It's a little early to make sweeping conclusions ... except about the officiating ... that shit is clearly a trend.

Comment

At the end of the day, Cooper dropped a ball that hit him square in the numbers. They wouldn't of had to go up against a great 49ers front 7 in the redzone if shitty Cooper makes that catch. Just about the only good ball Foles threw the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        My brother kept watching and he was screaming so loud on the phone to me that I thought the neighbors could hear it.
                        It was just another brutal ticky-tack call in today's NFL...barely touched the guy. I honestly don't know how they expect guys to play this game anymore. Hard to believe it's the same game that many of us fell in love with in the 60's & 70's.

Comment

Don't buy one fucking crab fry or jersey ... write letters indicating your intention ... stop watching like I did.

When it hits them in the wallet, and not until then, it will stop.

Or maybe we can mount a protest that NFL officiating is fostering domestic violence.

Start gathering statistics of how many men beat their wives when they lost their minds watching flagball.

Comment

Working...
                          X