Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Bound next year?

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ime-candidates

First, they started playing a Thursday game every week, which leads to shit games.

Next, they decided to make all Thursday games be divisional games, which is absolutely fucking stupid that HUGE games like that are being decided by which team catches a better break on a short week.

Finally, they're going to start making the London games be Thursday night divisional games, and the leagues total fuckification of the season will be pretty much complete.

2019 Super Bowl will end up being in London (sorry bobby, but FUCK NO) and we're about 10 years away from a team in London (again, FUCK NO!)

This just piggybacks off my "Ruining Their Product" thread. I am so sick of this league, I really am.

Comment

As long as we don't sacrifice a home game, fine with me.

Comment

Eventually a home game will be sacrificed. I think I heard they're working toward each team sacrificing a home game every 4 years.

I don't understand why the "National" Football league wants to go put a team in the UK. It's one thing for them to show up a couple times a year for a game. Whole different story when it comes to having the fanbase to support a team, regardless of the London population.

Comment

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
          Eventually a home game will be sacrificed. I think I heard they're working toward each team sacrificing a home game every 4 years.

I don't understand why the "National" Football league wants to go put a team in the UK. It's one thing for them to show up a couple times a year for a game. Whole different story when it comes to having the fanbase to support a team, regardless of the London population.
          I'm a supporter of London expansion, not because I am convinced either way if it will work or not, but just because either way it will be a crazy entertaining experiment. This league can be a conservative boring mess at times, bring on the crazy.

Comment

I think giving up a home game is ok to play here--BUT----the season ticket holders need to be compensated in some way. Either a credit on the next year's season ticket or just charging them for 7 home games during the regular season. And 236, I haven't got tickets for any of the games over here--they're broadcast on terrestrial as well as our satellite service, Sky, and the games this year did not look appetizing at all. The NFL just signed a new 3 or 4 year deal with Sky as well to show the NFL over here.
            Last edited by bobbyuk; 10-01-2014, 01:46 AM.

Comment

It won't only be the British people that follow the team, if indeed, a team gets put over here. When these international games happen, you have fans from Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and France come to these games. It's a rebranding of the game--I know you guys don't want that but that is where all sports is heading. There's talk of partnering with the Premier League is some way.

Comment

Working...
              X