This past offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This past offseason

The Birds got better at 1 out of 4 defensive back positions. I don't understand how they possibly couldn't have found something better than what they've got in Fletcher, Williams and Allen. Don't tell me they thought Ed Reynold or Earl Wolf were the answer. They need to find 3 starters before this defense can be anything more than mediocre.

I don't think Allen is playing all that badly--however, Fletcher and Williams--they never turn around to make a play on the ball. As I said yesterday, when Fletcher allowed the WR to come back around him for the ball it reminded my of Asomwaugh, who would always seem to be in the right place but was horrible at playing the ball in the air. I don't think outside of drafting rookies at No.1 and No.2 to play corner, there weren't that many appealing corners in FA. Not unless you wanted to pay nearly 10M for Talib, who is one strike away from a 1 year ban.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/3/9...yrd-greg-hardy

These were the top 15 CBs in this year's FA market.
    Last edited by bobbyuk; 10-07-2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

They shoulda signed DRC

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
        I don't think Allen is playing all that badly--however, Fletcher and Williams--they never turn around to make a play on the ball. As I said yesterday, when Fletcher allowed the WR to come back around him for the ball it reminded my of Asomwaugh, who would always seem to be in the right place but was horrible at playing the ball in the air. I don't think outside of drafting rookies at No.1 and No.2 to play corner, there weren't that many appealing corners in FA.
        Well, they passed on Dennard and Verrett by trading back, and they passed on Roby by taking Marcus Smith.

In their eyes, bum ass Cary and Fletcher plus a project OLB that can't see significant time are better than any of those 3 CBs. Hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by McNabbTime05 View Post
          They shoulda signed DRC
          Greatest CB in the NFL. Related note, also the best CB at PSU jerking off to pics of.

Comment

Hated that they didn't get Dennard

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            Well, they passed on Dennard and Verrett by trading back, and they passed on Roby by taking Marcus Smith.

In their eyes, bum ass Cary and Fletcher plus a project OLB that can't see significant time are better than any of those 3 CBs. Hard to believe.
            Absolutely fucking hated it.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

He was practically gift-wrapped for them to take him.

Making a run at Revis or bringing in Antonio Cromartie would have been smart, too.

Comment

Nate Allen

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                I don't think Allen is playing all that badly--however, Fletcher and Williams--they never turn around to make a play on the ball. As I said yesterday, when Fletcher allowed the WR to come back around him for the ball it reminded my of Asomwaugh, who would always seem to be in the right place but was horrible at playing the ball in the air. I don't think outside of drafting rookies at No.1 and No.2 to play corner, there weren't that many appealing corners in FA. Not unless you wanted to pay nearly 10M for Talib, who is one strike away from a 1 year ban.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/3/9...yrd-greg-hardy

These were the top 15 CBs in this year's FA market.
                Is garbage. The only reason he hasn't been more exposed has been the benefit of playing next to Malcolm Jenkins.

Guy's late in coverage and can barely tackle. What is he good at? Other than not taking out his own teammates not much…

Comment

Agreed. Allen sucks.

Comment

Allen, Williams, and Fletcher

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    Agreed. Allen sucks.
                    We're getting torched on a regular basis in the second half.
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Allen is brutal
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Yeah Me too,,I was bitching to fan walking out on sunday

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                        Absolutely fucking hated it.
                        about how they Passed on Dennard,,,Id rather we were developing him right now,,,no diss to Smith.
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Yes diss to Smith. So far he hasn't done shit.

You don't take a project in the first round who, for whatever reason, can't even beat out Casey F'in Matthews for the backup spot.

There's still plenty of time, but right now it's not looking too good. Of course, it's not his fault he was picked in the 1st round…

Comment

Yep. Was infuriating to watch unfold. He was right there for the taking. Just brutal.

Comment

Working...
                            X