This green jersey thing is mind boggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This green jersey thing is mind boggling

Hasn't Nike been making apparel for 50 years and now they can not make a shade of green that they call "custom"? Really? Can't you take a swatch of material to Home Depot where they can have the paint guy match the color in 5 minutes?

I would love to have been in on those conferences calls telling the Eagles that your uniform shirts that Reebok has been making for the last 15 years won't be ready for the start of the season or maybe not at all? Pathetic.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bizarr...180156723.html
    Hopes that were high in the heat of September ... can wilt and die in the chill of November. November can be cold and grey, November can be surly with bitter rain upon the world and winter coming early.
    - "The Voice" of NFL films -John Facenda

Originally posted by Ben Sufferin2long View Post
    Hasn't Nike been making apparel for 50 years and now they can not make a shade of green that they call "custom"? Really? Can't you take a swatch of material to Home Depot where they can have the paint guy match the color in 5 minutes?

I would love to have been in on those conferences calls telling the Eagles that your uniform shirts that Reebok has been making for the last 15 years won't be ready for the start of the season or maybe not at all? Pathetic.

What I dont understand is, why didn't Nike have any problems last year with the green jersey?

Comment

If they can make green numbers

Why not green Jerseys? They are the same green right? I think Jeff's new squeeze is having her family make them in Hong Kong and the boat is slow.
      Last edited by 1960; 10-13-2014, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
        What I dont understand is, why didn't Nike have any problems last year with the green jersey?
        I'm thinking that Nike probably outsources the fabric they make the jerseys out of and it's gotta be something with the supply chain.

Like maybe Nike changed their supplier for the fabric and the new supplier f*cked up the batch of new fabric for this years jerseys and now they are waiting for another batch big enough to equip the whole team or something like that.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
          They switched jersey material this year. They were one of the last teams in the NFL to not wear Nike's Elite 51 jerseys. The color green that Christina picked out all those years ago is a custom color and was taking extra time for Nike to get right.

They wore the green jerseys today for photo day, so they should be back to normal home unis for the Panthers game.

Comment

The seven year old kid driving the truck got lost
            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

If I had a unibrow, huge forehead and wore penny loafers

I'd insist they wear black the rest of the season
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                The seven year old kid driving the truck got lost
                BWHHAHAHAHHAAAAAA!

Comment

From the photo

It looks like the Jersey is much tighter on Nick. Maybe he can't throw correctly in the new version.

Comment

I wonder if it Has anything to do with

Nike essentially owning the University of Oregon and their current relationship with Chip Kelly. Are they sour?

Comment

Working...
                    X