Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustments...

http://www.phillymag.com/birds247/20...un-game-track/

Most pointed to the injuries on the offensive line. Some suggested LeSean McCoy was injured or had lost a step. And others simply figured it was out how defenses were playing the Eagles.

But there was another factor at play, one that the coaching staff could control. During the Week 4 loss to the 49ers, there were indications that San Francisco knew some of what was coming. Against St. Louis, to a lesser extent, there were similar sentiments.

"They knew what plays were coming," said Lane Johnson after the win over the Rams.
    But on Sunday night, the offense took advantage of aggressive Giants linebackers with a (as far as we can tell) new run play - one that was executed with Nick Foles under center and the running back lined up directly behind him.

"I think there are some things from an angle insertion point that we wanted to get accomplished with the running backs," said Kelly. "So we were a little bit more under center. But it's no different than being in the pistol."

Center David Molk was a little less vague.

"They couldn't do that [nut stunt] because they didn't know which way we were going," he said. "Back's neutral so it made it hard for them to pull the trigger on it because if they're wrong, they're really wrong.

The Eagles ran this play five times and gained 62 yards against the Giants (12.4 YPC).
    Last edited by Melchior; 10-15-2014, 01:36 PM.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike
Working...
X