No announcement yet.

Does Foles stink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That back foot shit is a function of protection to some degree, but it can be corrected, no?
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      That back foot shit is a function of protection to some degree, but it can be corrected, no?
      It can be cOrrected but that's up to foles if he wants to correct it.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Sure, it can. And yes, protection is an issue that prompts that behavior. But you don't often see it in such a pervasive way. A big pass rush gets a guy jittery for a game, not half a season.

Like I said, you don't do what he did last year if you're bad. But he doesn't have a single transcendent tool, either. He's not extrodinarily accurate, doesn't have a big arm, doesn't exhibit flawless decision-making. He also doesn't extend plays or threaten you with the run. He's not not afraid of the late-game drive, though, so that's a plus.

And maybe some of this is the growing pains of a guy taking the reins for good in his third year. Like I said, he's not bad. More Rich Gannon than Tom Brady, that's all I'm saying.

Comment

He's got holes in his game but does enough to keep me from calling for his ass.

Footwork is something that I wonder if it's related to the change in QB coaches (and may be related to other issues).

Everything I read about Lazor I liked.
          Last edited by slag; 10-26-2014, 11:23 PM.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Footwork is something that I wonder if it's related to the change in QB coaches (and may be related to other issues).

Its worth noting the running game last year was pretty unbelievable. He's played okay this year despite the OL being all fucked up and McCoy not playing well. So maybe you get Kelce and Mathis back and everything is sunshine and puppies again.

The thing that bothers me most is the lack of zip on so many passes. It just feels like every throw over the middle is a hanging curve.

Comment

This HAS to be a big factor in his regression. I'm kind of surprised more media pundits aren't talking about it. The local Philly guys at least should be able to connect the dots.

Footwork was a hole in Foles' game coming out of college. Last year, Foles works with Lazor, his footwork improves, and he's All-World. This year, his footwork has been shit, and his game regresses.

I'm not saying it's the only factor, but it's undeniably a factor.

Comment

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ndary-problems

"Of NFL quarterbacks that have played at least 75% of their team's offensive snaps, Foles now ranks second to last in PFF's grading system. Only New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith, who was benched on Sunday, has been graded worse than Foles."

Comment

Working...
                X