Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chip, if your not at least looking at safties...you are failing this team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip, if your not at least looking at safties...you are failing this team.

Don't make a dumb trade just to do it but you have to perform your due diligence!

If Chip isn't preparing the team for the Texans, he's failing the team. Howie, on the other hand, better be exploring options that may or may not be out there.

Comment

Hmmm...he didn't say Howie wasn't looking! So what you're saying is there's a chance?

Comment

One bad team makes a bad trade and now you've got all these big ideas.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Glad your happy w/ trotting out Nate Allen...

Comment

I just think it's not going to happen, and that's not because Chip/Howie think Nate Allen is good enough.

NFL teams value draft picks over all else. They're cheaper and more controllable. To get a truly effective player, you're going to have to give up a good draft pick, and the smart teams just won't do that.

The NFL is completely different than all other leagues because of the way contracts work. In the other leagues, if you're stuck with a bad contract for a long time, you almost NEED to move it to help yourself rebuild. In the NFL, with non-guaranteed contracts, all you need to do is cut the guy at the end of the year and not owe his whole contract.

Do they need to upgrade safety? Absolutely. Is the historically inactive NFL trade deadline the time when they will do it? Probably not.

Comment

You're 100% right...not looking for a stud, just an upgrade. I understand it won't happen tho. What's up the NBA? Sixers and Knicks just made a trade and both teams waived both players...

Comment

Originally posted by BIG JAY View Post
                You're 100% right...not looking for a stud, just an upgrade. I understand it won't happen tho. What's up the NBA? Sixers and Knicks just made a trade and both teams waived both players...
                The Sixers pulled two trades in the last week that were salary dumps.

They took Teague from Brooklyn and got a 2nd round pick for it and they took Outlaw from NYK for another 2nd rounder plus sent back Moultrie who was a Doug Collins player and needed to go to continue to wipe that era from history.

Comment

Ecstatic.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

So who would you go after?

what team is so desperate for picks,,,,The jets? what safety out there is an actual upgrage?
                    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                      what team is so desperate for picks,,,,The jets? what safety out there is an actual upgrage?
                      Maybe the Jets will give us Jaiquawn Jarrett back.

Comment

The crazy thing is our rejects like Jarrett, Coleman and Demps are still playing in the league.

Comment

That still amazes me....

I watch games and they are out there blowing coverage's for another team and I'm like WTF! but seriously,,if we couldn't find a better one in the offseason,,,who are we going to get in the 25th Hr............where is Macho Harris?
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

There is nothing out there people. The Steelers even had to bring James Harrison back from retirement to help them out. Like it or not, Nate Allen is here with us until next year. Better hope a light will switch on and he'll improve soon!

Comment

Hope a light will switch on? Allen blows -what you see is what you get. But you're right in that we are stuck with him.
                              Cows in the barnyard, chickens in the farmer's corvette.

Comment

Working...
                              X