Confidential to Dimbonious Bulb (c)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential to Dimbonious Bulb (c)

Well, it's been not quite 3 years since the BAC swallowed up the company at which I work.

Today, I just walked in the door, went to see the East Coast Director of Operations, and just fucking quit! He said, "is this 2 weeks?". I said, "no, now".

So today I am either taking early retirement, or I'm just plain unemployed.

Fuck it. I'm retired and feeling good about it.

You always warned me of the BAC menace, and boy were you right!
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Hahaha... nice way to go

I'm considering pulling the old "see you on monday" on a friday and never going back
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Let me tell you this Senor Ricky.....

I was saddened by leaving some of the people I've worked with over the years, but I feel just great now.

I made my mind up that they see it my way or I leave. The BAC didn't. Maybe they were calling my bluff, (which it was not)

I'm the #1 guy in sales on the East coast; no make that I used to be #1. Fuck them. They're going to miss me a lot more that I'll ever miss them.

It's the most cleansing thing I've ever done for my own well being.

Won't be setting the alarm tonight.
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I have dreams of doing this
        Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

everyone I have talked to

Has said retiring is the best thing ever. Haven't heard anyone regretting it. Enjoy!

Comment

Proud of ya

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
            Well, it's been not quite 3 years since the BAC swallowed up the company at which I work.

Today, I just walked in the door, went to see the East Coast Director of Operations, and just fucking quit! He said, "is this 2 weeks?". I said, "no, now".

BAC is more of an attitude, a mindset, than a place. By becoming BAX, you are taking a stand for yourself, and I wish I had that courage, but alas, have that whole $ need thing going.

If you're number one in sales, either BAC or their competition are going to be knocking at your door.

DB
            DB

Comment

Company like yours

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
              Has said retiring is the best thing ever. Haven't heard anyone regretting it. Enjoy!
              Probably still have a defined benefit plan that you can draw on. The only benefit of a BAC of which I am aware.
              DB

Comment

I was very lucky

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                Probably still have a defined benefit plan that you can draw on. The only benefit of a BAC of which I am aware.
                They stopped our defined pension plan in 1987 but gave those in the option to keep it with a small contribution. My boss at the time told me to keep it - best financial decision I ever made.

Comment

Congrats, man! Enjoy. I entered BAC world a few years ago. Already looking forward to the day I can do the same thing.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Congrats to you OB!! That being said, BAC thinks your replaceable because well... they're BAC damn it!

I do miss the hilarious BAC jargon though.

Comment

Did you give him one of these?
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I love when they ask about the two week notice.

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post

My normal response is: "your two week notice is that you will notice that I'm not here for two weeks."
                        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Wow congrats Brookie

you got to live the american dream!
                          Best of luck in your new found freedom

"Take this Job and shove it!":D
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

I like the cut of your jib, young man.

Comment

Good for you OB, I just did the same thing

...eleven years and I was done with the BS and being ridden like a beat mule.

I'm not retired, but I'm taking a few weeks, need some serious down time.
                              "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Working...
                              X