Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For heightened anxiety ...what if??

Sanchez stinks it up??

He goes say 2-6, we don't make the post season and don't get a second look at Foles this season??

What do the Eagles do for next year with a negotiation on the table with Foles and Sanchez in only a one year deal??

Please share.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Doesn't matter. I'll watch the games anyway. We've been there, we know how to adapt.

Comment

Of course you will watch..that's what fans do.

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
      Doesn't matter. I'll watch the games anyway. We've been there, we know how to adapt.
      ..hard to look away from a car wreck ...I'm just looking for ideas and how could the FO proceed if both QBs are not really up for the challenge?

Do we draft, do we retain one? If then, who?

Work with me here, it's not a trick question, just covering all the possibilities.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I am completely unqualified to answer this or any other question involving actual football knowledge or player awareness. I only know how to cheer or complain, and drink beer whilst doing so.

Comment

That's kinda where I was going in that other threat.

Truth is, I'm a Foles Fluffer. Scratch his year under FF, and this is just his second year, and he's shown he can be great.

If they give up on him, there will be a long stretch of darkness under center.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I'm not off Foles either, but I have a bad feeling that the article Bobby posted might be accurate. Look at the way Chip talked about Sanchize in his pressers. He'snever spoke as glowingly about Foles - even last year. I don't know, I could be completely wrong, but I've always gotten the impression that Chip doesn't love Foles.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              I'm not off Foles either, but I have a bad feeling that the article Bobby posted might be accurate. Look at the way Chip talked about Sanchize in his pressers. He'snever spoke as glowingly about Foles - even last year. I don't know, I could be completely wrong, but I've always gotten the impression that Chip doesn't love Foles.
              Yeah, I'm not anti Foles either but I always keep in mind that Foles was a leftover from the Reid (FF) regime.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I guess it all depends on what Sanchez does in the next 8 weeks. If he gets the same results as Foles, maybe it's all about Chip, and it really doesn't matter who is playing QB.

That's kinda crazy.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Foles definitely isn't a "Kelly type" quarterback. But he's a winner and it's kind of hard to bench a qb when he's winning games. There was one time this year when Kelly was asked what he thought of Foles' play and he said he thought he was 5-2 or something like that. He talked about Sanchize like he was his son or something. I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchize finishes the year, they draft or pick up Kelly's guy and extend Sanchize for a year or two to be safe.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I like the kid's attitude

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    Yeah, I'm not anti Foles either but I always keep in mind that Foles was a leftover from the Reid (FF) regime.
                    ..level headed and he has guts. Foles is a great story and I hope he proves many of my doubts wrong but his inability to correct those mechanics is scary.

It's like he has a case of Vickitis, just can't help himself.

Also hope the Iggs don't fall into QB purgatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                      Sanchez stinks it up??

He goes say 2-6, we don't make the post season and don't get a second look at Foles this season??

What do the Eagles do for next year with a negotiation on the table with Foles and Sanchez in only a one year deal??

Please share.
                      If it plays out like that, they bring Foles back and draft a QB early. Foles still has a year left on his rookie deal and they won't re-sign Sanchez. Short of trading Shady, they can't get up to get Mariota (or I assume Winston, but he's a wildcard and could definitely fall), so maybe they go for Hundley in the 2nd.

If nothing else, Sanchez will be a good control to measure Foles against. If his production is similar to what Foles was doing, maybe Foles is just a replacement-level quarterback who caught lightning in a bottle. If Sanchez out-performs Foles...well...then things will get interesting.

-AE

Comment

Foles has another year on his rookie contract

Sanchez stinks it up??

Please share.
                        Could give him another shot. Many great QBs had struggles early on and Foles magic season just increased the pressure on him. I think a combination of team problems led to Foles issues and the jury is still out on him.
                        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Sanchez stinks it up??

Please share.
                          Not even 2-6, what if sanchez goes 6-2 but throws 2 picks each game like Foles was averaging. Does Foles take back over.

Comment

Working...
                          X