THE GREAT LES BOWEN backs up MANIAC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    I don't care what you do. You're the one who says I have to worship Maclin.
    Calm down, nobody is saying you have to worship anyone.

You are pretty damned obsessed with him though.
    Last edited by Sect 236; 11-05-2014, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      Jordy signed a 4 year deal for 39 mill deal with 11.5 mill guaranteed.
      Depends on the details. I think he's worth about 6M a year as long as you could cut him at any time after the second year without a hit. You think he'll take that?
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Did you complain when the Eagles slandered DJax?

Comment

Did you ever think they might have thought Jackson wasn't necessary because they had Maclin?

I'm not saying they thought Maclin was a better receiver than Jackson. But if Jackson was being a leech on Chip's balls, you don't think having a player like Maclin on the roster made that decision a bit easier?

They tried to lock Maclin up long term, and he decided to bet on himself. He's winning.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Did you complain when the Eagles slandered DJax?
            Absolutely, don't know how the DeSean situation was Maclin's fault though?

Comment

Depends on the details. I think he's worth about 6M a year as long as you could cut him at any time after the second year without a hit. You think he'll take that?
              I can't say. Jordy is a better WR than Maclin, so it's fair in that sense, but Maclin is better than Mike Wallace, Dwayne Bowe and Percy Harvin. If someone else is willing to offer a lot more, then it comes down to how much loyalty Maclin feels towards the franchise.

Ultimately, I guess I agree with you that I wouldnt "break the bank" for him, but he deserves to get paid and while they can plug someone in there and still get decent production, I think losing Maclin will be more of a loss than losing DeSean only because they don't currently have a Maclin waiting to step up to the #1 spot.
              Last edited by Sect 236; 11-05-2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

I get it ... Maniac's channeling pre-TO Andy Reid/Joe Banner.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  Did you ever think they might have thought Jackson wasn't necessary because they had Maclin?

I'm not saying they thought Maclin was a better receiver than Jackson. But if Jackson was being a leech on Chip's balls, you don't think having a player like Maclin on the roster made that decision a bit easier?

They tried to lock Maclin up long term, and he decided to bet on himself. He's winning.
                  Actually I'm okay with letting Jackson go - except for not getting any value out of him and the gang bs. Chemistry is obviously part of Chip's thing. As long as he keeps winning, I'm cool.

I don't think Maclin matters. There are a couple dozen receivers who could fill that spot.
                  Last edited by Maniac; 11-05-2014, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Absolutely, don't know how the DeSean situation was Maclin's fault though?
                    Maclin was jealous as hell of Jackson.

Comment

They don't currently have a Maclin waiting to step up to the #1 spot.
                      You don't like Matthews? I can see him taking a big jump next year. Maclin doesn't have the size. I suspect Matthews, Cooper, Huff and a draft pick would be fine at WR.

It's all about the QB.

Comment

I like Matthews but I don't like the thought that our WR corps all comes down to him making that jump, especially when he's spending the entire season playing in the slot.

I really don't want to have to use another high pick on WR because we cut a star and/or let him walk. Way too many defensive holes to keep doing that.

It's all about the QB seems to be your new rallying cry, like you're the only person who realizes that. What QB on the roster or that they have a realistic shot of getting will be able to make two second year players, a rookie and a really shitty Riley Cooper good enough?
                        Last edited by Sect 236; 11-05-2014, 11:57 PM.

Comment

It's all about the QB.
                          Exactly. The Reid years proved this to be true, as any Eagles fan will attest.

So who is the 2014 equivalent of James Thrash? Let's sign that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
                            Exactly. The Reid years proved this to be true, as any Eagles fan will attest.
                            You're equating Kelly and Reid? Thrash could have caught 90 balls in this offense.

Comment

You're equating Kelly and Reid? Thrash could have caught 90 balls in this offense.
                              Easy now. This is James Trash we're talking about.

Comment

I'm not equating Kelly and Reid. I'm equating you and Reid in your seeming disregard for the importance of quality WRs.

You, on the other hand, seem to be equating Maclin and Thrash....which is crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X