No announcement yet.

THE GREAT LES BOWEN backs up MANIAC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah ... that's as moronic as making player comparisons using the same stupid stat tricks over an 8 game period.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Can't you just enjoy the 6-2 start?

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        Only a moron would base a long term contract on one season. Apparently that's you.
        Hey man. I'm just trying to understand that stats you use for your analysis of WRs
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

This thread turned hilarious quickly.

Comment

Only a moron would base a long term contract on one season. Apparently that's you.
            Maclin was very good from the jump. Didn't explode, but over his career he's averaged 63.3 yards a game, 4.5 receptions a game, and .51 tds a game. That would be 1013 yards, 72 receptions, and 8 tds if you average across 16 games. That's an above average to very good WR across a career, let alone for a guy that is as young as he is.

Now I think you're more than fair to question whether he can ever become a top 10 WR. Only this year has he shown that potential. He's clearly a guy you want on your team, but I don't disagree, you wouldn't want it at an exorbitant price. With the salary cap going up, if he was paid in the 10-15 wr range as far as per year, with some easy outs so that there wouldn't be huge dead money if they cut him, I'd be plenty ok with that.

Comment

In 2004, Owens was ranked 11 an 19 in DYAR an DVOA respectively. That was with career year McNabb a his QB (104.7 rating).

Did he deserve #1 WR money?

He did only draw one Pi penalty an hurt his ankle. Maybe he was soft like Maclin.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2004
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

So chemistry is important, but just plug any dozen receivers in?
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                  In 2004, Owens was ranked 11 an 19 in DYAR an DVOA respectively. That was with career year McNabb a his QB (104.7 rating).

Did he deserve #1 WR money?

He did only draw one Pi penalty an hurt his ankle. Maybe he was soft like Maclin.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2004
                  Right. TO and Riley Cooper are comparable.

I honestly don't want to get ad hominem but that's a dumb place to go. And I don't think you're dumb.

Maclin is benefiting this season from a lot of targets in an offense that runs a lot of plays. Anyone who has watched knows he is not elite and should not get a top ten contract. Just like they overpaid Cooper.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                    So chemistry is important, but just plug any dozen receivers in?
                    Yes, I'm sure there are plenty of receivers who have the necessary chemistry. Djax was an exception.

Which reminds me, what was up with Maclin's penalty after that catch? Attitude problem?

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Right. TO and Riley Cooper are comparable.

I honestly don't want to get ad hominem but that's a dumb place to go. And I don't think you're dumb.

Maclin is benefiting this season from a lot of targets in an offense that runs a lot of plays. Anyone who has watched knows he is not elite and should not get a top ten contract. Just like they overpaid Cooper.
                        I wasn't comparing Cooper to TO. Keep that false comparison out of your mouth.

All I'm saying is that Maclin is currently ranked 12 and 20 in DVAR and DVOA which you seem to think is quite an indicator of talent/value compared to other WR's in the NFL.

Well, TO's excellent All-Pro season with the Eagles had him ranked 11 and 19. So, what's the deal? Was TO better than the numbers suggested? Is that statistical analysis and comparison between players flawed?

If it's not flawed, by was Riley Cooper underpaid based on his 2013 performance?

Oh, you say that you have to watch to make a determination. Well, that argument has been posed to you numerous times. Foles has flat out missed Maclin. The Eagles QB rating is 26th in the NFL. Maclin is putting up good numbers with inferior QB play that definitive #1 Eagle receivers like TO and Jackson received.

Just for further comparison, in 2012, Maclin was ranked by second by among Eagles receivers. His DYAR and DVOA rankings were 55 and 61. Ranked first, Jason Avant at 39 and 27. Ranked third was Jackson at 72 for both.

In 2011 he was ranked the top Eagle WR above Jackson:
                        22/23 to 39/43
                        In 2010 he was ranked the top Eagle WR above Avant then Jackson:
                        11/8 (?!?!) to 40/32 and 36/35
                        In 2009, his rookie year, Jackson actually topped him 20/29, 29/11 for Avant and 31/31 for Maclin.

That advanced statistical analysis by FO would suggest that Maclin has really been the only thing close to a #1 WR on the Eagles for some time.

It took Maclin's injury for Jackson not to be overshadowed and to break out in DVAR and DVOA.
                        Last edited by TerpEagle; 11-07-2014, 08:04 PM.
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                          ...I'm not saying they thought Maclin was a better receiver than Jackson. But if Jackson was being a leech on Chip's balls, you don't think having a player like Maclin on the roster made that decision a bit easier?

They tried to lock Maclin up long term, and he decided to bet on himself. He's winning.
                          I agree with you about "Chip's balls" and Maclin betting on himself. Good for him.

However, Maclin is better than Jackson as a blocker, in the Red Zone and in the locker room.

Chip was planning to draft WRs. He probably didn't want Jackson's influence on them.

What will the market be for Maclin a year after a big WR draft?

What will the Eagles have available to pay him? Supposedly they'll be up against the cap.

Apparently they'll have a few mil more since Foles will not get a big payday--maybe another reason for the Birds to not start him again if Sanchez plays as well as Foles was playing.

What will the Herreman's injury do to his future and contract?

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                            I wasn't comparing Cooper to TO.
                            Sure you did. Riley Cooper thick and thin.

Comment

Sure you did. Riley Cooper thick and thin.
                              Igore the cold hard facts from FO all you want. I just want to understand your logic.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Hank Baskett

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                                Would get stupid numbers in this offense.

would put up TO numbers.
                                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
                                X