No announcement yet.

Kelly Green: What is your take on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Green: What is your take on this?

I think it's a fraud and an outrage!

http://www.philly.com/philly/busines...118d21793.html
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

BAC going after the little guy

nm
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
      nm
      a San Francisco-based startup that touts the backing of Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Li Ka-shing, Asia's wealthiest person.
      C'mon! That sh*t is NOT "REAL" mayo and belongs nowhere near a Kelly Green Aramingo!

Having said that, I will wait for the expert to weigh in with his judgement. Maybe KG thinks it's ok.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Dimmy needs to weigh in too

Mayo does not equal mayonnaise IMO. Unilever is evil!

Comment

it's bad enough...

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
          Mayo does not equal mayonnaise IMO. Unilever is evil!
          ...we've got these stupid class action plaintiff lawyers out there suing all the BACs, but Unilever really thinks this little company is a problem? Here's the way this went down: Some 20 something associate brand manager at Unilever got his/her bowels in an uproar over this Just Mayo thing and took it to their boss, who went to the Unilever legal department to complain.

The lawyer thought to him/herself, "This clown really thinks that Just Mayo is going to be a problem for Hellman's? Oh, wtf, I don't want to hear about it from his/her boss or my boss, so I'll just file the freaking lawsuit."

Basic laziness on the part of the lawyer and basic I-want-to-look-like-a-hard-chargerness on the part of the ABM.

DB
          DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
            ...we've got these stupid class action plaintiff lawyers out there suing all the BACs, but Unilever really thinks this little company is a problem? Here's the way this went down: Some 20 something associate brand manager at Unilever got his/her bowels in an uproar over this Just Mayo thing and took it to their boss, who went to the Unilever legal department to complain.

The lawyer thought to him/herself, "This clown really thinks that Just Mayo is going to be a problem for Hellman's? Oh, wtf, I don't want to hear about it from his/her boss or my boss, so I'll just file the freaking lawsuit."

Basic laziness on the part of the lawyer and basic I-want-to-look-like-a-hard-chargerness on the part of the ABM.

DB
            I just read the complaint. There is a standard of identity for mayonnaise. I didn't look it up in the CFR, but I imagine it is something like, "Eggs and other fatty things that KG would put on an aramingo."

So I guess Unilever has a good FDA leg to stand on.
            DB

Comment

yeah I saw that

I wonder if calling something mayo qualifies tho. If I made a condiment called "just must" would it have to meet the requirements for mustard?

Comment

The Name Doesn't Mean Diddly

People who are raised on Hellmann's will accept nothing else. Case in point.

The first time I went to the store to pick up a few things, my wife told me, "We need mayonnaise -- there is only one kind -- Hellman's. I don't care how much of a bargain the others are, don't bother bringing them home."

However I can see Hellmann's point as to other consumers who might be swayed, so I say sue the imposter's ass!
                "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Once again, KG you will always have my support when the discourse deals with Hellman's Mayonnaise. Accept no substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                    People who are raised on Hellmann's will accept nothing else. Case in point.

The first time I went to the store to pick up a few things, my wife told me, "We need mayonnaise -- there is only one kind -- Hellman's. I don't care how much of a bargain the others are, don't bother bringing them home."

However I can see Hellmann's point as to other consumers who might be swayed, so I say sue the imposter's ass!

Agreed, even out here in the sticks in Hellman's or nothing, stick that Miracle Whip shit where the sun don't shine!:D

Comment

I Tried Miracle Whip When I Was A Kid

A friend's mom used it and I had it at her house. My mom got a jar and I used it two or three times -- as I recall it's sweeter than Hellmenn's -- but nothing tasted the same. The jar went bye-bye and we returned to the real deal.
                      "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Ah, fond memories of chilhood

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
                        A friend's mom used it and I had it at her house. My mom got a jar and I used it two or three times -- as I recall it's sweeter than Hellmenn's -- but nothing tasted the same. The jar went bye-bye and we returned to the real deal.
                        food.
                        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Working...
                        X